Taking Advantage

Some football supporters memories obvs do not last longer than 12 months

Pretty sure we were in a similarly positive postition in January 2023.

2 Likes

Approaching the Leicester game we were in 11th place, four points off the team in 7th, and nine points behind the team in 3rd. We had two games in hand over eight of the teams above us, one game in hand over the team immediately above us and three in hand over the team who were top. So arguably better placed than currently, although, again arguably, some of our performances in recent weeks have been better than those from a similar period last season.

Yep this next month will tell us a lot. Assuming the games go ahead.

Just a little more positive with the squad weā€™ve assembled, sorry for being optimistic

2 Likes

No need to be sorry for being optimistic ,be as optimistic as you like

1 Like

I seem to remember us having games in hand of the teams above us and winning those would have put us 4th in the table last year.

We werenā€™t playing well in the 2nd half of last season but it also wasnā€™t helped by the fixture pileup of rearranged games we had.
We ended up playing Tues/Sat pretty much every week through February and March.

What happened last season has no influence on what happens this season. Itā€™ll be a challenge to make the playoffs but itā€™s possible.

3 Likes

Oh god make it stop!!

Faal was not signed to ā€œgelā€ with DJ. Faal was signed to pair with Gordon.

Matt is Faals back up and DJT is Gordonā€™s back up and we may see a combination of either or.

DJ will make some appearances from the bench, but I canā€™t see much more than that.

1 Like

Never mind make it stop !!!
Everyone is entitled to an opinion unless yours is 100% correct and youā€™ve been talking to Matt Sadler ?

4 Likes

If we make sure that the tanks advancing on the bridgehead are fully supported by infantry, we can still win this and shorten the war by 6 months.

Nothing to do with peopleā€™s opinions, I just mean this unrealistic obsession with DJ.

1 Like

Weā€™ve got 5 huge games coming up which we should be picking up points from most of them.My hope is our season is still very much alive when Mansfield rock up on the 17th feb as that could be huge game and the bescot could be bouncing if we win to set up an exciting end to the seasonā€¦ I live in hope .

2 Likes

I remember Wycombe some years back being pretty much top 3 in League 1 all season and going a long, long way in the FA cup and EFL Trophy and having so many fixtures to play at the end they didnā€™t even make the playoffs by the end.

We are usually tat, but to be fair weā€™ve not lost in the last 3 home weeknight fixtures. 2 draws and 1 win.

Even with 20 games left, its looking like it gonna be a bit too much to overturn with several teams above us, to reel in first.

Our games in hand seem to usually hinder us aswell - based on track recordā€¦ we blow it. Iā€™d much rather have points on the board than games in hand too.

Can i see us getting 13-14 wins? Realistically, no.

Theres always that one team, a la Bristol Rovers and Barnsley that storm into the play-offs in the second half of the season thoughā€¦ we can dream.

1 Like

We would only go on a run like that if we could play ourselvesā€¦

Remember chucking it away against that rovers side that then went on a mental runā€¦

1 Like