Taylor out?

Magic sponge works wonders

Thats lovely for Brentford. There wasn’t so much merriment ten or so years ago when they were struggling in front of 4000 in the lower divisions. Agree with the general point though.

Don’t be a silly billy , regarding your comment about getting the place rocking with some decent sing to tunes , that would require someone to actually have a good idea !!! and implementing it ? Doing something outside the box, being inventive, ground breaking, alas there is no known employee that has these set of skills , so keep on “ she wore a yellow ribbon “ the old uns are the best.

2 Likes

I always thought Cum on Feel the Noise should be our walkout song considering the local connection and the fact the lyrics are very appropriate.

What’s the story behind ‘Won’t get fooled again’? What does it have to do with Walsall or football? Hardly a singalong anthem is it?

3 Likes

Pity we never got to hear ‘Walsall on the Road’ more than once. That could have really caught on.

1 Like

Yep. I said this a few months ago:

1 Like

Shouldn’t be hard to get right should it? But we all know this club struggles with the basics!

1 Like

What a shame people couldnt hear Mick Kearns on the pitch half time Saturday. Cant the tannoy get sorted? Whats happened to the half time entertainment? The 50/50 draw, the pizza? and half time challenges ( hit the crossbar etc) Has this all stopped because of covid or something?

Eh, I mean personally I feel there’s enough outdated crap at the football club without running out to a song from 1973. Same problem I have with running out to The Who (along with the utterly ridiculous lyrics considering our current situation).

That said, there is something absolutely hilarious in running out to a song with the lyrics: meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

2 Likes

I am so disappointed that given our current dire predicament that we still haven’t manged to add a free agent signing just to try and give us something else as an option. I know it’s a pipe dream but Hal Robson-Kanu and David Nugent still without a club. Surely it would be worthwhile trying to convince one of them to come here even if only a short term deal till January? Might give us all and the team that bit of a lift.

Then there is old Milan Lalkovic still free and available. If he is fit surey in this division he would be an upgrade and better option than what we currently have outwide and another option up front. I just cant understand our club at the moment. We will have no chance of recruiting if we end up bottom of the league after tomorrow night😢

3 Likes

We have yo wait for another Rico Henty windfall for that to happen :grin: :wink:

Absobloodylutely, A trip into the free agent market would not only help or temporarily solve our crippling (see what I did there?) injury problems, but would also boost the fans flagging enthusiasm due to our current plight. This squad has a losing mentality, they may look enthusiastic for around 10 minutes of a game, but after 60 minutes they are all on their knees like a Sunday morning parks pitch group of overhung lads just wanting the game to end.
We will end up bottom of the League tomorrow night and it is an embarrassment we could all do without.
Walsall management, we are all asking that you DO SOMETHING POSITIVE stop dithering as we slither towards non league…simples.

1 Like

Didn’t know Quiet Riot were local :joy:

This thread went quiet. Resurrected because this photo was wasted on UTS Facebook:

“I call this one ‘Blue Steel’”

2 Likes

I have just being re reading this thread and seeing some of the comments makes me realise that a month in football is a long time :wink:

6 Likes

Great, but what about our very own Ben Stiller?

1 Like

Need to make sure it doesn’t drop down the pages as we climb up the table. Some very silly billies who should know better, and then of course there is Ancient Moaner :smiley:

6 Likes

Still reckon we should get rid!

I hear there’s a great young coach over in Europe we could get, think his name is Nee Jerk.

2 Likes

I’m not seeing all the bluster people are being smug about to be honest. It’s mostly people saying it’s not on Taylor like, well, me :man_shrugging:

I think he’s done an excellent job considering what he’s been given. I still think this squad has holes in it (striker, left back, up until Khan signed 3 months too late left wing) but he’s solidified a defence I thought was irredeemable (just need to get set pieces sorted), the players do have more freedom, he’s made subs that make perfect sense, he’s stuck to an actual system with players playing in their actual positions (now who was banging that drum for 2 years :thinking:) and talks absolute sense when speaking to the press and by extension the fans.

If we don’t reach mid table/top half this season it won’t be through lack of decent management in my opinion.

2 Likes

Ancient who? He has told us many times he doesn’t exist :grinning:

2 Likes