Team for next season

Is he out of contract now? As if there’s a fee involved it might be a tight squeeze on our budget.

Don’t think we will have to worry about that mate.

These lemon puns are taking the pith now!!

1 Like

They will be finished in a jif.

1 Like

Christ, he doesn’t even play for us yet …

Now that WOULD be a signing!!

2 Likes

Well we do need a miracle

1 Like

If he helped score a goal would that be a “lemonade”

1 Like

Thought I’d pop that one in

If he can just about do a light run after this long out it doesn’t sound good for the end of June to be honest.

Got to be one of the strangest injury sagas I’ve ever seen, surgery after the bloke came back to play games at one point, then a preseason game, then out for an entire year, and all this with 4 separate managers being cagy about what the details of the injury actually are.

Serious thread going silly.

True, let’s concentrate on the subject at hand…

3 Likes

Regarding Holden I didn’t stay until the end on Saturday so can’t pass comment on how easily he was/wasn’t moving, but when I saw him at the open training session he wasn’t moving all too freely.

Flynn says he have until 30th June to make a decision and he is currently light running. That means he has approx. 50 days to start to build up some strength and persuade Flynn he is worth an extension of some sort.

I don’t think it will be a decision made with the heart, even though we have a duty of care. It has to be financially right, which I no doubt it will and should be heavily incentivised based on how well he (possibly) performs.

1 Like

Championship clubs sniffing around Rushworth already hope he goes on to be a really top keeper.

4 Likes

I guessed the puns would be getting on your pip, me old fruit.

1 Like

I dont think he will be a championship keeper, hope to be proven wrong though. He doesn’t command the box or anticipate chances to come out early enough to shut the ball down. His kicking is also a bit dodgy. His shot stopping however is pretty good but the other areas let him down and he needs to improve.

1 Like

it’s easy to forget that Rushworth is still only 19, he’s got plenty of time to improve.

1 Like

One thing he does have is age very much on his side he’s not even 21 yet and with more and more loan experience I personally hope he’ll make it to the prem one day as you’ve eluded too he’s got plenty of improving to do but that comes with games and good goalkeeper coaches I’ll certainly be keeping an eye on him I’m an ex keeper myself so I have an affiliation with the position.

I tried getting a bookmaker to give me a bet on him playing for England. Nobody would touch me…

1 Like