The difference 10 games can make

On October 1st we played Stockport County (away), and the 1-1 draw that day left us in 17th place in League 2, 10 points adrift of the play-off zone.

Fast forward 10 games and we are in 8th place, a single point from the play-offs, and with a game in hand over the 4 teams in that group (2 games in hand over Swindon Town).

The teams in the automatic promotion places appear to have established a safety cushion between themselves and the chasing pack, but we are only 10 points away from them now… ( and we do have a game in hand over all three!).

This season is developing into one of real interest!!

5 Likes

I was there at stockport that day it was the worst I had seen all season I turned to my son when we scored and said that will change our luck know go on a 5 game winning streak you never know what could happen look where we are know lets hope we carry on winning

1 Like

66/1 with Corals. I’d say that’s about right as regards overtaking everyone, but it means we’re basically 22/1 on the place part of an each-way bet, which doesn’t look bad odds to me.

Latest odds for us with bet365 as of this morning…

To win the league - 100/1
To finish in the top 3 - 16/1
To be promoted (so includes finishing in the top 3 or winning the play offs) - 8/1
To finish in the top 7 - 9/4

Good chance of play offs.
Lump on Trevella

What league are they in, mate? :eyes: :grinning:

Done my nuts last two seasons on the spreads but confident I’ll be recouping plenty this season.

1 Like

Just looking at our upcoming fixtures. Here was me thinking that we had just gone through a tough spell, only to find that the next 5 games are equally as hard with 4 of them against teams in the top 6.

Swindon H
AFC Wimbledon A
Salford A
Northampton A
Leyton Orient H

Bradford at home was in there as well for the 28th had we not still been in the cup.

Massive few weeks in our season.

3 Likes

Those are hard games but if we come out of it still in touching distance we will be in a good position

2 Likes

Get through those games within touching distance then over 11 days in February we play Colchester, Crewe, Hartlepool and Newport.

2 Likes

And the 1 team not in the top 6 is only a point behind us and well in the play-off mix!

Huge month ahead!!

1 Like