The Fans Focus Meeting (29/8/23) Thread

I won’t be there else, trust me, I’d be asking the difficult questions! :grinning:

UPDATED CARD.

8 Likes

Pies in the upper

Saddlers club entrance fee and beers

Football specials like the old days to make it easier to get to ground.

3 Likes

Can you add “belt and braces” to the card please :smiley:

3 Likes

A blantant safety issue and a requirement under fire safety

They probably do the test in an empty stadium not when 5,000 raucous souls are onboard

2 Likes

Agree on the speakers in The upper right (as you look at the pitch) have not worked for months

Any monies received for Adebayo ?
Budget compared to last season ?

Who is identifying players and heading up recruitment now ?
Why do we have a squad of players not suited to the system the manager is playing

1 Like

I know I keep on about it but can we get a question in about flexi-tickets. If anyone can raise this and wants backgrounds on concept I can re-publish what I wrote months ago.

I think its a solid 500 or so sales of a flexi ticket if they just have some imagination or even blatent plagiarism as its big in other clubs.

Also can we ensure its not a full on drip sesh and we throw some constructive criticism… 'Club membership idea was good, enjoyed the badge, Why not consider flexi-tickets for fans who cant commit to games. Could we not reduce the price of pizza cup games or make it free for season ticket holders…

On a playing perspective could we ask how wide our scouting network is considering Matt Jordan, are there plans to improve the youth team and are we going to introduce a partnership with any other foreign leagues (LOI, MLS, Norwegian prem).

2 Likes

Quality idea. Shouldnt be a hard thing to arrange, maybe supporters association in collaboration with National Express west mids (Old TWM)

1 Like

Would love to go but its a shit drive from Lancashire.

Already have a prior engagement so can’t make it which is a disappointment because these events are usually great fun.

I’d like to ask about our recruitment policy and what say Jordan/Sadler and any others had and how this is likely to change as we go forwards implementing the new football structure, also with Trivela supposedly interested in other clubs if/when this will happen and the impact for us (should be positive for example supposedly looking at a LoI club and we already seem to be tapping into that market).

Also on realistic expectations for this season at a board level, with record season ticket sales in recent years and superb backing will outside top 7 be deemed as failure, what should be a realistic timeframe to get us out of this division.

Finally would like to quiz Sadler on his substitutions which have been poor so far and seem to be pre-planned and not reactive to what is happening on the pitch, they seem to have hindered more than helped us.

1 Like

Can i pinch this mate lol

1 Like

As so many people who would like to ask questions can’t make it, (distance, prior engagements ) perhaps in future they could do a live feed/zoom type thing that people could join in with.

3 Likes

Cant see why they can’t do a live stream

6 Likes

Absolutely :joy:

1 Like

Bound to some daft questions on whether The Saddlers Club will sell Banks’s Mild or have karaoke nights or something.

2 Likes

And tough times. He loves his tough times

Can we run a book on how long Boycott’s opening monologue will be?

It was roughly 10mins of word salad last year.

1 Like

Yeah, I wonder what video Gamble’s played to him this time…?