The Locker

Anyone in there what drinks do they have?

1 Like

In the industry we call that Value Engineering

In the clubs defence - they’ve got it open and able to generate income. That’s important. With how these things work the contractor will have busted his nut so this can operate.

We’ll see changes and finishes added in the months to come.

If it’s still a white shed in May they can have some stick

5 Likes

And it only took 18 months for an “inside of somebodies garage” feel.

1 Like

Can see Elsie partridge on one of the tables is there anybody there don’t look very atmospheric don’t think you can get pumped up in there ready for the game

Can someone photoshop a dinner lady or. Forklift truck on it​:rofl::rofl:

On the positive side of things I suppose there’s not a lot to get smashed up if it goes off

Looks like they’ve set the tables out for a church jumble sale.

2 Likes

Those are the lucky one who got the opening extravaganza tickets lucky beggars

1 Like

I’d love to have been there and took a photo of the face of the first bloke through the door. :joy:

3 Likes

They probably looked like the owl. :rofl:

3 Likes

Looks like a waste of money, no soul, no passion, no idea … sounds familiar BB

He had a hood on he didn’t see anything when he was kidnapped and pushed through the door :joy:

2 Likes

They must have some better plans for it than that. It will be shut down within a year if they don’t.

They all look thrilled to be in there on the photo posted.

4 Likes

I cannot get my head around this. What a missed opportunity - again

Bars / clubs often rely on a strong launch to make it past the turbulent opening 12 months. Usually marketing campaigns create hype and then the product carries it through. Its all about generating a huge amount of hype and then being able to pull it off. Opening too early and then adding bits in runs the risk of people already having a bad impression of the place and it will be a while before they return - if at all.

Its why clubs last a few years or dissapear in under 12 months.

Another very underwhelming Walsall missed opportunity. It gets so bloody frustrating.

3 Likes

I suspect that, having said a few months back that the club would be re-opened before the end of the year, they’ve decided to open it before it’s complete.

Some of them have already decamped back to the Stadium Suite. :joy:

… where there are queues at both bars as they appear to have shifted some of the staff from here to the Locker rather than take on extra. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

@el_nombre I agree.

And great point @funk_hits_the_fan about managing expectations and getting buy in from
Us.

Maybe they’ve called it the locker because that’s what it will resemble. Big empty space

As someone said above my first thought was school dinner hall.

Can only assume the 300k had to go on the structure of the building cause it certainly hasn’t gone anywhere else.

Assume it isn’t finished yet and there will be some snazzy WFC graphics put in like in the shop that will make it look a lot better. If not it will be one of the most truely shit renovations I’ve ever seen.

This is how we describe such projects in IT.

1 Like