Joining us would probably be a bigger setback for him I’m sure .
Just feel like we need some experience in there , just another player who’s looking for minutes.
I’d say we need quality over experience.
Would much rather see a better standard of loan player signed, like we did with Chang.
Not sure we’ve done either atm @Bags10 in comparison to last season
So would i mate , but as it stand we’re still waiting.
Looking at the squad, we only have 5 players who are aged 26-30 in that ‘peak player performance’ category.
Hornby
Gordon
Farq
Comley
Lakin
I think we are missing a few more in that sort of category. As a first team starter, we only then really have Lakin.
Totally agree. Some proven quality is exactly what this young squad needs. We haven’t done that atm
There will be one or two players going out on loan.
Which is why this signing seems strange, why would we take a loanee when there’s the possibility we could have someone our own that we’ve been chasing all summer?
Maher/Hollman
JG with another coming in
Not sure I’d loan out one of the cb’s
Clarke is a rwb
Predominately, yes.
But all of his appearances since the Derby game in pre season have come in midfield.
Surely we’re not loaning RAM out again .
Should we keep him here just for the Vertu?
Well this signing basically pushes him out doesn’t it.
I’d be a bit pissed off if I was RAM if that were to happen.
Thought he looked loads better than Jellis and Holman in what limited time he’s had.
Can see Weir going out if we sign a CB. Shame for the lad. Ram must feel what’s the point?
Time for the time honoured tradition of RAM going out on loan after playing decently against higher level opposition.
Yes, he’s had some good loans now.
Pretty sure Stuttle was loaned out to the same sort of level, yet he’s thrown straight in.
He deserves a chance now.
Can’t be arsed to work it out, but does anyone know how many players we have now? One of Sadlers major faults last year was his inability to rotate what was already a bloated squad - not sure the club are helping him by building a bigger than necessary group again.