The three Walsall players you most disliked

I suppose they could be seen as some sort of PLAYERS :grin:

1 Like

Russell Martin
Andy Cook
Fabians Brandy

There resteth my case, mā€™lord

1 Like

Didnā€™t NMFE dedicate a Bobins of the season award for the worst miss each year for a while. Iā€™ve never forgiven the little tosser for the multiple misses v Tranmere on boxing Day 1999 which were probably key to us going down that season. Knob, at his proper home at weā€™re so massive Godiva city. Forgot that prick while drawing my list up

Merscum as a player was a disaster with his various long term ā€œrecuperativeā€ stays. He was a effing apocalypse as a manager which puts him top of the list for me

1 Like

With Merse we had some highs with the 4-1 walloping of the baggies on that opening day fixtures, he persuaded some great players to come to the club Samways/Corica/Hayetc and he put a smile on our faces for a brief period and then his addictions sent it down the pan.

My 3 protagonists bled or were accomplices in bleeding the Club white for decades and continue to do so even now

1 Like

Ok my 3 are:-

Scott Fitzgerald (albeit we had him on loan)
Richard McKinney
Chris Palmer

1 Like

He was bloody useless and missed so many chances in so many games, but it was his attitude that I really hated. First game of the following season against Rotherham is as happy as I have ever been as a Saddler, we gave that little runt some righteous stick as he walked off, and what made it best was that he had to walk off down at our end, couldnā€™t just sneak off 50 yards or more from us.

1 Like

All signed before Merson joined us.

1 Like

Osadebe
Cook
Ferrier

Aaron McCarey
Luke Leahy
Will Grigg

Luke leahy - the arrogance of a serial loser befounds me
Russell Martin - all went to pot when he joined and he was meant to be our leader and big signing. Shambolic footballer and attitude
Guthrie- could never be arsed to get fit or even try when he was obviously out best player. Awful professionalism and work ethic of a the man and I hate that in a player

1 Like

Forgot about him, absolute toss.

1 Like

Gary Porter
Cook, yes that one
Jonny Brain

Mark Robins
Matt Richards
Ken Armstrong

Oooh, I forgot Matt Richards. Iā€™m sticking with Robins, Osborn and Leahy, but Richards is a good shout.

When he came back with Salop in a cup game he passed the ball to somebody sitting half way back in the Family Stand and our fans sang ā€œthatā€™s the Richards we all knowā€ which made me laugh.

The day after the game the Shroppie Star wrote ā€œMatt Richards came close to dominating the midfieldā€ and I think what that actually means is ā€œMatt Richards failed to dominate the midfield.ā€

Maybe my brains playing tricks on me but I thought Matt Richards was decent :confused:

6 Likes

Danny S(c)onner
Andy Petterson
Morgan Ferrier

2 Likes

He was half decent when he was eventually moved into midfield.

Mark Robins is a repugnant little shit. I despise him with every inch of my being. His efforts were beyond toss!

3 Likes