Tom Knowles signs

I’d like to see Maher still getting a chance, hopefully having five subs a game will give us this opportunity.

A quote superb addition. Credit to the club for getting this one over the line, Micky Flynn has been backed fantastically this summer.

1 Like

There’s a fair few attacking options in the squad. I’m sure he will get chances, but I think he needs to play regularly to develop, not just bits and pieces off the bench.

Not me, he will get plenty of game time here esp in the paint trophy aslong as we progress, and also as to come on with fresh legs in league games

I imagine a lot of this is forward thinking like Williams is 35 it’s unlikely he will sign another year but if we get dj we will still have a strong front line next year Aswell when Williams and loans leave if we keep wilko which if he gets fit and firing we probably will

1 Like

Wonder if Perry’s loan was part of this deal

Jeez, with 5 subs our attacking is going to be relentless for any opposition. We’re going to punish some tired legs at the back end of games

4 Likes

That’s fair, but not everyone does that. It might take him a little while to settle in, that’s all.

It’s a no lose situation if he’s got the talent it seems he has, but surely playing full games every week is better than sitting on the bench and maybe getting last 10 and tin pot games.

1 Like

I agree. If he is now going to struggle to get on the bench let alone game time, send him out on loan.

Not for me. Whilst Mayer is very in inexperienced, he is the only other player in that squad who could fill in for Hutchinson if he was out for a game or two. With 5 subs we can have the benefit of giving him the last 10-15 minutes of games to build up his confidence, plus the Papa Johns games as well.

There is a lot of quality and experience in our squad now, and i would rather Mayer develop further under Flynn’s watch rather than send him out to another club.

Has this been speeded up?
He’s quicker than Usain Bolt!

If he’s up for it I’d like for Williams to stick around in a coaching role similar to Sadler. I think with a number young strikers in the squad we need someone with his experience to help bring them along. Hopefully after a season of playing together they’d have formed some sort of relationship which would give Williams a head-start on knowing what each player needed to work on. Up to the player ultimately but if he’s interested I think it’d be a great option for us.

2 Likes

Flynn Clarke. And now other options.

Keep hearing he will play off the bench. Sure. You know what’s better than 10 mins? 90.

3 Likes

Very happy with this

Seen a lot of noise about the best in non league

With the players we have to return we could be a real force - every option that come off the bench on Saturday didn’t look out of place in that team and fit right in/looked a threat - especially bennett.

Looks a good signing. Gonna have a very strong bench for the first time in a good while.

Flynn Clarke, Tom Knowles … the lad would be better off getting regular man’s football under his belt. Jimmy O’Connor will be sniffing to and take him to Kiddy if he is made available for loan.

2 Likes

I had forgotten about Flynn Clarke to be honest. Not used to us having all these options for a change. May be you are right? A loan until January might do him good. But it is no good if he is not going to play where ever he may go. Needs to be certain of having a chance of playing.

1 Like

It’s a squad

His pressing looks outstanding