Trivela Group Takeover

Can we just get something straight.

I’m sick to death of having time and building something.

The Gills couldn’t buy a win last season. They don’t have their own training ground they don’t have the avenues revenue streams they didn’t have a top notch bunch of respected top class Football Administrators like we do / but now they are smashing it

Go back further and look at Stevenage. Haven’t got a pot to piss in. Appoint a manager people laugh at. They get promoted.

Attendances also mean next to fudge all. Turnstile clicks don’t relate to points or positions. Shut up with that rubbish guys it’s a total red herring as a barometer for where we are.

Trivella, Sadler and everyone else. Stop
Planning for the future and sort out today and tommorow.

The focus should be 3 points next week, 3 points the week after. Forget the Saddlees Club. Let the toilets leak with Piss. We’ll all paddle in Puddles of piss if we are winning.

I don’t know the ins and outs of Rotherham but in my time as a fan we were very much a like but they got to a point where they gambled on their future when their ex owner remained their landlord. The rest is now history and we are miles apart.

16 Likes

The set up for flexi-tickets should have been £115 and also come with some incentives. Just over £19 a game plus the following.

Scalf

• 15% off food and Drinks.
  • 10% off club shop purchase.
  • Adults - 15% off next season season ticket.
  • Under 18 - 25% off next seasons season ticket.
  • Under 8 - 40% off next seasons season ticket.

Furthermore I think we should develop the incentives for Membership and Season Ticket.
ST Should get all of the incentives above with the enhancement of

• 20% off food and drink from 1200 till 1430 on a match day and the club should also look to provide more interesting food and drink choices throughout the stadium…
  • 5 tokens for friends for a fiver booking they can use at any time.
  • Free entry to EFL Trophy games.
  • 15% off travel west Midlands tickets (whatever its called these days) and change the bonser suite into the TWM suite to enable it.
  • 20% off own season ticket price if you can get someone else without a season ticket to buy one, like a referral bonus.

And we’d be even skinter…
Sorry, just thought, aren’t under 18’s basically free season tickets already?

Also this would completely undermine the six games deal.

Way to much discount you’d only be paying for 8ish games at that.
Also with the other suggested food and shop discounts, unsustainable. Retail margins after overheads aren’t really all that.

2 Likes

Totally agree. That’s the price I said £115 would have been fair. No one is going to buy one to avail a £12 discount. Plain stupid who ever signed this off

1 Like

Maybe just give us a decent team and performance on the pitch at a fair price and then they won’t have to dream up cut price discounts to entice the fans to watch what’s been served up in past .value for money it’s called .in my experience a good product sells it self .

Im aware of a club membership scheme which is being sold to several clubs. I know its at West Ham and Plymouth and is on its way to other teams, probably needs a big fan base like those clubs. It was the thought and concept of an Australian. A mate of mine broke it down for me as he is a Plymouth Fan.

They call it Evergreen i found the link is below.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/evergreen-membership

Ultimately its like a donation scheme or membership with additional benefits. The money you pay in can also be assigned to the parts of the club you want it to go to… It cant be used for anything else so you choose between Academy - Sports Science or Transfers or you can split it between all three.

They did a thing where the first 1000 got a name on a wall and three year discounts on season tickets. Meal with the club once a year around Christmas. But it would look somthing like this;

£10 a month for adults. £5 Under 18s £1 Under 8s.

20% - off Season ticket price
15% - off Store products
Entry into prize draw
Framed team picture or own picture of yourself and family at a game framed at club expense.
Badge and pen pack.
Scalf
Free replica Shirt
20% off food and drink in Saddlers club from 1200 - 1430 on match days and from 0530 till 1900 in Tuesday night games.

2 Likes

Fair enough maybe drop it back a bit to be an incentive and also not ruin the margin.

As you can tell I dont work in marketing, im public sector haha.

Dont think the 5 friends would undermine the 6 tickets because you wouldnt gain the other benefits… but maybe bin it to just two games??

1 Like

:astonished: Eleven and a half hours of happy hour priced booze? Think that could get a bit messy …

3 Likes

I think the idea is good and I will get one as Id go to 6 games easy, but who wouldnt like a discount if your already going!

As a means to get more fans in then I think a less generous package of incentives as I suggested might get more people into games.

Oh god… 1730 :flushed:

2 Likes

Not when the happy hour prices are still higher than you pay elsewhere😁

3 Likes

With rate in which Pubs are closing down the Saddlers club might be the only drinking venue left. And all like minded customers full of insightful football chat :smiley:

Looking at that Evergreen scheme it appears to be a monthly subscription in addition to getting a season ticket rather than benefits that come with it. So they’re asking for an additional £144-£216 per year on top of the season ticket price.

There is a 10-15% discount on season tickets depending on which subscription you take but I assume that’s on a full price season ticket not an early bird.

1 Like

Speak for yourself.

As for winning, I think we can agree that all fans want us to win regardless of any other disagreements.

1 Like

I will ask and double check. He does get an Early bird and managed to use his mates ticket to get me in (Yesterdays 6-2 win against Norwich, mental!) There is a clamour from current season ticket holders to not sell anymore and remove ticket incentives. To gain more money!

They are a different club than us at the moment, I think most fans use it to get a priority ticket and get onto the season ticket waiting list. They are up to 2k waiting apparently.

Not long ago they were averaging 5k gates at the bottom of league 2 alongside Portsmouth and nearly out of business… When we were in league 1.

I think we could adapt it, I like the idea of knowing where my money goes within the club. Id donate to the Academy, get a new Rico Henry.

1 Like

It seems to me that Gillingham have owners who have genuine ambitions of getting out of this league and have acted on it. I could be completely wrong about this as I don’t really have a great knowledge of lower league players like I once did but from what I have read they have gone out and signed a lot of good quality 4th division players with the intention last season of securing their league status which they did with ease and giving promotion " a right good go" this season. This is just my perspective looking not too closely from the outside and am happy to be put right.

From our point of view, I don’t believe anyone at the club could truly believe we have put together a squad that is going to give promotion a go. There have been some good things done at the club off the pitch which will hopefully benefit us in the future but in the here and now we really haven’t made any progress on the pitch which in the end is what most fans are bothered about. Even allowing for the incremental progress they talk about, I’m not sure we are making any at all.

1 Like

It was a squad built to deliver incremental progress, whatever that means.

In fact I’d love Trivela to define it.

Trivela so far have seen no improvement on the pitch.

Unfortunately, that’s on them.

Do they stick or twist with Sadler if we don’t see any improvement in the next ten games?

5 Likes

Where was he on loan to from Lincoln !!!

That will depend how costly it is to get rid of him. You would hope that he’s on a contract that allows us to get rid at minimal cost because he was such a high risk in the first place. Waddock and Byfield could take over which I think would be fine