Trivela Group Takeover

The Americans takeover is just a vehicle for transferring wealth to Bonser and Pomlett and debt onto WFC

4 Likes

Indeed. Quite a measured comment, whether you agree with it or not.
The poster must be an incomer to the area.

2 Likes

Truly embarrassing stuff.

Whyā€™s that relevant? Heā€™s there now

I didnā€™t mind it to be honest, I took as tongue in cheek. If it gets us a little extra attention then I donā€™t mind.

Howeverā€¦.

Thereā€™s always a caveat with Pombear. I wonder how those clubs feel now, when Pombear said one of the things we need to work on more was our connections with those clubs for players :joy:

1 Like

He comes across as bitter to me, his reign clearly hasnā€™t worked outā€¦. Hence the constant digs.

So his concerns are:

• The new owners ā€œnot bringing their own people on boardā€.
    Yes, at the request of our current owner and board to ensure a smooth transition and whether we like it or not, this is the same board that have turned a profit year after year. So, thatā€™s that one cleared up.

• ā€œWhether expectation of profit will be immediate or long termā€.
    Well, time will tell on this one but if heā€™s going to make assumptions, like the rest of us, we can only go off what has been said and that is that theyā€™re in it for the long term.

• ā€œThere is very little precedent for this sort of buy-out going wellā€.
    Thereā€™s not too many specific investment firms in football ownership that spring to mind but the one that does, Wolves under Fosun, seem to be doing okay - from League One to European football in a few years (albeit they already had the infrastructure in place to achieve this) with stadium expansion to 50k on the cards.

1 Like

Letā€™s be honest here, this was our only real option to move forward and purchase the stadium.

Itā€™s a risk yes but certainly one worth trying, because as it stood Walsall FC was going nowhere.

16 Likes

Youā€™d think Poundland wouldnā€™t want to plaster their name all over a football club that is scheduled to become the next basket case financial disaster. I wander if they knew about this on the quiet to help make their decision on sponsorship.

2 Likes

With Walsall Iā€™m tired of words and sketchy plans for years just farted out to play lip service to the fans.

There needs to be measured change and actions taken now to improve the playing side, the Youth academy and the stadium facilities.

2 Likes

Christ on a bike.
The takeover only happened two days ago!!

2 Likes

I actually thought Daz Hales Evolution not Revolution was a fantastic take on the situation Iā€™ve always rated Daz heā€™s good at his job in my opinion.

12 Likes

Pomletts history of decision making does also get me worried I think thatā€™s a similar take on it to many Walsall fans we arenā€™t a thick fan base Iā€™ve said it before and Iā€™ll say it again many people especially on here are extremely clued up thatā€™s for sure.

1 Like

Hope there are no similarities with new companies being set up in the past to take over Walsall FC.
Denglen and Davenmore spring to mind.

1 Like

I struggle to see how pomletts reign hasnt been successful,

1. Ended bonsers reign as owner
  2. Sort new wealthy owners
  3. Steered us through covid with a profit
  4. Guaranteed us the club will be reunited with freehold
  5. Plans to re open Saddlers club.
  6. Give fans Hope and optimism about the future.

Ok performances on the pitch have been poor but im more than happy to accept that knowing what could be in the future.

Forever thankful to Mr Pomlett

20 Likes

But thatā€™s the thing. Thereā€™s no point an asset stripper buying Walsall because the asset stripping was done over 30 years ago. Theyā€™ve commited themselves to reversing that.

6 Likes

This is where you need to be careful with how you view the takeover. This is an investment group who will source money, this is not a rich sugar daddy.

There is also a two year plan to purchase the freehold, thatā€™s because that investment is not there yet.

I think lots of fans are getting the wrong end of the stick.

2 Likes

comment of the week, if not the month. Made me spit my coffee out :grin:

8 Likes

I think the 2 year plan to buy the stadium is due to it being available to buy in two years rather than there being no money to buy it now. I think anyway someone might be able to clarify.

Tad premature?

Maybe you are not old enough to remember the Ramsden takeover? Everyone on Up Ye Olde Saddlers was jizzing at the time.
That didnā€™t end well and eventually resulted in Boner getting his mits on the club.

Although optimistic, Iā€™ll wait awhile before petitioning for a sainthood for LP.

2 Likes