Trivela Group Takeover

Not to be confused with Liam Kinsella, our current POTS!

1 Like

Iā€™d be very surprised if Whalley doesnā€™t remain part of the Board for a good while yet. To an outsider, he is ā€œMr Walsallā€ having been here through thick and thin. I donā€™t think the new owners will go disturbing that just yet.

As time goes on from this announcement. I still feel this is either the making of Walsall or the breaking of Walsall. We were pottering along until now and thereā€™s no doubt that Pomlett realised that he hadnā€™t got the resources necessary to get us back to League One. So perhaps this is our best chance?

But, conversely, and despite quite a few trotting it out like it were truth, neither were we heading for the Conference and, again, for the foreseeable future, there are always likely to be a couple of teams a lot worse than us and, hopefully, with Flynn at the helm, weā€™ll be looking at the other end of the table.

The danger is that there is no real substance to these people. Of course, they talk the talk. Americans often do! But there is little history, little experience, little understanding of their strategy in buying a club like ours. Derby right now could act as a warning. Letā€™s hope the money is there when it is needed at Walsall. Iā€™ll certainly be hoping so but also hoping that we continue to operate as a club within our means, even if those means can be expanded somewhat.

1 Like

I had a feeling, he works so much with the money that he knows the value of a word. If it will improve the club, no objection. Still, how decision making will look like now, but it will be known in a few weeks. And generally, a sense of stagnation was present, so any new thing is good. Of course there was a downward trajectory too, but maybe something will change now.

ā€œMr Walsallā€ :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Generous. Iā€™d have said nose diving over the last 5 years.

Talk about short memory. If you donā€™t think we were close to relegation at times last season, then you simply canā€™t have been paying attention :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

If they sack a few of the clowns in that board room (it wonā€™t be immediate but as with Vale it will probably take a few months to cut loose the dead wood), it will be very interesting to see which posters all of a sudden stop contributing :joy:

I have a few in mind

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget how close we were to trap door.

I wonder how long it will take for us to have a season ticket waiting list? :joy:

2 Likes

Shame heā€™s a prat.

5 Likes

Best thing to do now is show some early intent by getting a couple of good strikers In to keep the morale amongst supporters high then extend the early bird for a couple of weeks.

2 Likes

Could well get an extra 500 + sales and an extra 125k .

dVtGcobFMRXO0

3 Likes

What about your position, Dan?

1 Like

Like i mentioned the other day, signing someone like Daniel Sturridge would be ok. Yes he has his injury record, but he was on 4k a week this year in Australia, we offer him something around that, then the money from the glory hunters turning up on a matchday would cover that easily.

Heā€™s local, a free agent and has an academy in Walsall. Even offer him a pay as you play deal, atleast that way weā€™d never have to pay him :wink:

I havenā€™t, but it was in January and was sorted.
Finished 12th in Clarkeā€™s full season, 19th in the season that he buggered off and 16th last season and weā€™re on the up after Taylor went.

Not great at all but not heading into the NL either.

2 Likes

I think the thing is this. Pomlett was out of his depth financially and did not have the funds to take us forward. Any sort of community / fan ownership I would say was a non starter die to the sums of money involved to buy the stadium and land. Ditto a consortia of Local Business men would have probably been out of the question for the same reason. Therefore we simply had no choice.

3 Likes

Heā€™d be a waste of time. Over the whole season Sturridge managed just 93 minutes in five substitute appearances and scored no goals. Thatā€™s why heā€™s been released by Perth Glory.

2 Likes

Pay as you play would be the only possibility in that case .

Have we ever had a player on that basis, I donā€™t remember one.

Fitzroy Simpson, maybe ? In his second spell?

I just hope he isnā€™t the game changer that Pomlett alluded to the other week when he said heā€™d signed 4 players