Trivela Group Takeover

I think this shows the transfer policy we have had with the first 3 signings of the summer will by and large be continued. If back in Feb LP was consulting with Ben in the appointment of Micky Flynn, it’s likely he has already been involved in the transfer policy for this summer and the signing of the four that were mentioned as far back as a month ago.

1 Like

You’re absolutely correct.

I met him standing, looking bewildered, outside the unopened turnstiles C&D before one match. It was a good job that I was there to point him in the direction of two alternative means of access. Why on earth they didn’t give him a ticket for turnstiles A&B I’ll never know!

I’m amazed that he remained interested in investing in the club after being treated so thoughtlessly.

11 Likes

Agreed. If nowt else I think the new lot will professionalise the operation (long long overdue) in relation to marketing, communications and match day experience. Of course ultimately they will be judged with what happens on the pitch. To be honest they’ll have to make a right hash of it if they can’t improve us on the pitch after the years of dross that has been inflicted on us.

2 Likes

That’s today sorted then. What about the other four years?

Do we think using Mark Regan (formerly of Radio WM) was a one-off yesterday or a concerted effort to move our media and comms towards something that at least looks like a professional organisation? It was so much better without the usual comms team snivelling behind an iPhone.

6 Likes

He seemed to be enjoying it too, and took it as more of a game than Pomlett does. " You ask questions you know I won’t answer, and I calmly bat them back to you."

Good post but your “turnstile” fixation must be a bit of a worry for you​:grinning:. Surely it isn’t natural for a man to fall in love with a closed turnstile :grinning:Not sure what you can do about it though as the NHS is fully stretched on covid recovery.

Hopefully miles better than Penfold and friends

Thank you.

My “fixation” is entirely down to me trying to enter the stadium to comply with the instruction on my season ticket.

I haven’t fallen in love with the closed version, I just wanted it to be more open and inviting, but am resigned to self-medication to “get me through it”.

1 Like

Of course you do.

1 Like

It makes sense to keep LP about for a couple of years until they buy his remaining 25% shareholding so theirs becomes 76% and then they can do anything they want. Too many changes too quickly can sometimes have a negative affect. I would not be surprised to see some existing Board members go over the next year as the new crowd find their feet and put in some of their own people. It should not take them to long to assess the strengths (?) and weaknesses of our current Board.

Regarding purchasing the freehold - how will this be financed? We currently pay c£500K in rent so if the purchase price is donated we are quids in. However, if the purchase is made via a loan, then whilst the rent will no longer appear in our profit and loss account, the actual cash leaving the club in terms of loan repayments plus interest may not be too dissimilar to the current annual rent. So profit looks good but cash available does not change too much.

Overall I am feeling positive about this because as I have said before, doing nothing would have resulted in National League football without a doubt.

UP THE SADDLERS

3 Likes

I think many on here could do that in 30 seconds flat :laughing:

3 Likes

The owners of the automotive business my Niece works for were over from the States, wintertime, and wanted to go to a match in the Midlands. The only one on was our Forest Green defeat in the EFL Cup. They bought loads of stuff in the club shop to take back to the US and (strangely) enjoyed it!

I’ve been talking to my mate at work about the takeover today and my headline is that it might be great, it might be a friggin disaster, but at least it’s…different! I’ve been so apathetic to anything Walsall FC for years, at least it’s different!

11 Likes

I’d take what pomlett said as it was intended .
A bit of fun with a Bit of passion and excitement.
The man is delighted he has made this monumental deal and rightly so.
Pompett can be proud of himself for this one, let him get carried away a little

7 Likes

On the basis we were heading for the National League anyway it can only be a good thing. One thought I was having is surely Benjamin won’t want to have these people like Whalley and Gilman on the board much longer. In any case its high time they retired anyway. Aren’t they in their late 70s!!!

5 Likes

Not picking on your post deliberately but you are another in a line of posters that have made this assumption.
There is no real basis for this to suddenly become a narrative.
We could just as easily have been heading for L1 as the National League, particularly with Flynn at the helm. Certainly wouldn’t expect us to go down with him in charge.

3 Likes

I don’t know about Gilman, but Whalley is younger than the current POTUS. :astonished: Not that I’m saying that is any reason to keep Whalley around.

Whalley was instrumental in the record breaking Poundland deal, he has earned his place on the board and continues to be useful in his work for us .

1 Like

MattWFC,
Do we think using Mark Regan (formerly of Radio WM) was a one-off yesterday or a concerted effort to move our media and comms towards something that at least looks like a professional organisation? It was so much better without the usual comms team snivelling behind an iPhone.

Yesterday’s announcement and media set up was thoroughly professional and is the standard the club need to maintain from this point forward
Maybe Mark Regan is our new media director, they could and have appointed a lot worse!

2 Likes