Trivela

Just seen this anyone have any idea what ours is? I’d guess its probably similar to Crewe shows it can be done.

1 Like

The secret to Crawley’s success….

4 Likes

That doesn’t surprise me they chucked silly wages at players at the beginning of last season then shipped them all out when they realised it wasn’t sustainable on crowds of 2500 and no commercial income to speak of.

Off topic but on subject of attendance, a decade ago Luton averaged close to 7500 in the conference, a decade later they got 9500 in the championship, not sure what that shows but it’s not exactly setting the world on light

I think it shows that Kenilworth Road is a small ground and certainly too small for Luton who were nearly filling it in non league and since promotion fill it most weeks.

If their crowds weren’t capped by the size of their ground I think they’d now be getting 20,000 plus.

On Trivela, I’m still giving them a pass. I like what they are doing around the place.

Their big problem is that the measure of success of a football club is where they reside in the league. There’s no hiding place and 16th in the fourth division - again - isn’t good enough.

The intervention required on the football side will take another six months I reckon. Boycott’s big personnel decision now sits around appointing the right CEO. I guess part of his visit last week was moving that particular process forward.

The CEO will then need to think about their football structure and personnel. Do we go for another Director of Football is a big call. Then whoever is in charge of football matters on the board will need to make a call on the right footballing structure, philosophy and culture (through the club, not just the men’s first team). Then from that, will come the decision on the right “fit” for first team manager and player recruitment.

It’ll take time.

But in the meantime Boycott might have to take the bull by the horns as he’ll now be learning that in professional football in England you need to have plans that manifest in months and not years.

8 Likes

I actually think Trivela have invested in the club wisely on and off the pitch but the main thing atm where we went cheap is the manager.
We have had a good set of players this season and we should be far higher up the table than we are,and i realy dont think this will change whilst Sadler is at the helm.

2 Likes

Here is the link to it if yours interested, never know just how reliable these sites are but if BetVictor are using it, I’d say more so than others.

Interesting that we’re only down in 17th so you could argue Matt Sadler has got us ever so slightly punching above our weight with our current position in 16th (joking of course)

It is slightly worrying though that even with this ‘increase’ in budget line we continuously hear that we’re still only 17th in terms of budgets, which indicates that we surely aren’t ever really going to be going for the league 1 seriously threatening to push to championship narrative which we have heard through trivela (unless added resources or investors become available)

4 Likes

You’re right in terms of the accuracy of these types of analysis. Very interesting nevertheless.

I think Salford are falling down that league which is good - think their backers are slowly getting bored. Their abbreviation here not good for those of us of a certain vintage. SLF should always be reserved for Stiff Little Fingers.

2 Likes

Surprised to see us so low and barely above Newport who were peoples favourites for relegation due to having no money and Sutton.
Also the perception of Barrow punching way above their budget is not as accurate as I imagined. Thought they would be way down the list.

Makes FGR’s position even funnier.

It’s not accurate I don’t think.

Our accounts show that last season we spent over £1m more in wages than the season before (£19,230 per week more). I’d imagine most of that is on the playing side and that site doesn’t show that, so assume it’s just a guess from them.

There was no growth in staff numbers, so it’s a clear increase in playing budget in my eyes.

2 Likes

6,500 attendance at Mansfield game,they brought 2,000 so that’s only 4,500 Walsall fans.

6625 the crowd was with just over 1600 Mansfield fans

1600 from Mansfield.

I mean as far as I am concerned the gate includes away support but those figures aren’t correct anyway.

4500 Walsall fans isn’t bad when we hadn’t won for 5 games, got stuffed 3-0 at home last Saturday and another season that is all but over in February.

Yeah I think you can wipe off 2or 300 off every attendance announced as I think ST holders are accounted for if they attend or not .

I dont know if they are because you have to get you’re season ticket scanned so take it they are counted on the system

Yes, lots of empty seats in the lower looking at the highlights that you don’t notice when you are at the game. We have had "smaller ’ crowds this season with less empty seats.