Trust statement

Do the trust actually have anything to do with the club anymore ?

Any pressure is good pressure at this stage.

There was an issue after a meeting with Pomlett where they backtracked on some of what was said and asked for amendments.

However, since then ISSA asked to meet with Trivela, basically to introduce ourselves and discuss in particular some of the work in the community we have done and are working on. Something we thought they were interested in. They declined and told us to go through the proper channels if we wanted to communicate with the club (Email the SLO) as opening up new communication channels would be inefficient. I am paraphrasing there but it isn’t far out.

Since then we have requested a meeting with the SLO, which was declined because “the club didn’t want him to do that”

I don’t think I have said anything that is incorrect there, @Dhforever may confirm if I have got anything wrong.

3 Likes

No mate. Spot on

Whitaker confirmed he worked for club and that the Club didn’t wish for him to meet with Issa face to face

When told we had concerns to put to them, which were filtering through to us from the fan base.
We were told to let them know in writing what they wear as they would not answer questions off the cuff all questions. Had to be put in writing.

When pointed out to the slo he. should be talking to fans as that was his role. He made it quite clear that he worked for the Club and would not be meeting with groups. Upon instruction. Recieved from the club

5 Likes

So basically we are no nearer to communicating with the owners and feeling more engaged with the club than we were BEFORE their buyout ?

1 Like

What a wanker another club apologist by the sounds of it mate.

5 Likes

I am speaking personally here and don’t necessarily represent any views of ISSA. I was really upset when they declined the initial meeting, not even in the slightest bit interested in any work in the community ISSA has done or is doing. I honestly questioned whether it was worth carrying on, but I really do believe in these people who do all this hard work in the background to make many wonderful things happen. I thought Trivela were interested in work in the community, any examples of anything they have done yet? Serious question that is.

7 Likes

Makes you think what the intentions are I’d think.

2 Likes

Yes mate. He serves no purpose other than a box, ticking exercise. Which. Pomlett championed at the time of his appointment

He was just another safe per of hands. And. willing to be subservient to those within the ivory towers

2 Likes

Well i don’t think i will be feeling guilty if i say something a little less complimentary about them in the future
Showing themselves up to be the snake oil salesmen we thought from the outset

2 Likes

I’m not saying that by the way, or trying to make anyone else think that.

1 Like

Don’t worry mate we can draw our own conclusions :wink:

I might be a bit biased but ISSA has done many great things for the fans and the community in my opinion they deserve any praise and exposure they get the club have shown what they think of fans refusing any dialogue and stopping the working party meetings.

4 Likes

Thanks for clarifying, didn’t know the bit about Trivela knocking back offers to discuss the good work ISSA do.

I know trivela have been a lot more supportive of the Walsall foundation than bonsor ever was

2 Likes

Americans only rend to listen to "stakeholders " who bring money to the party.

2 Likes

(Apart from cancelling meetings with supporter groups)

The foundation at the club like the mental health groups and youth clubs

2 Likes

The Chinese owners of the bagladies put much store in the Albion foundation also. Not many of their fans would regard this as justifying the last 18 months there

You mean like the 4000 season ticket holders? :wink: