Undersoil Heating

Tenerife would be closer :smile:
And if i remember right, we can’t even get the club to let our players have an overnight stay here in the UK never mind flying them to America :smile:

1 Like

If we could have converted tears to money the last 10-15 years following Walsall would have seen us become one of the richest clubs in the world!

1 Like

Is it not going to be open for home cup games? :joy:

What they need to do is get one of those car windscreen frost protectors. I’ve got one and it’s fantastic - works like a charm every time. Whenever a cold spell is predicted and I forget to put it on, you can bet that next day my car and everything else is frozen solid - but if I do remember it’s guaranteed that the next morning it will be warm and sunny. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Well if running for 2 days was £3500 in 2011, normal inflation would make that around £7k in 2021 and then with fuel more than doubling in the last year or so may be £15k now. Use that just a couple of time a s3ason and there goes your budget for a decent signing.

We could put solar panels on the stand rooves to offset the running costs of the undersoil heating.
In fact we should do that anyway as an income generator.

6 Likes

Very good point they are on the roof of Doncasters Keepmoat Stadium I mentioned on the Bescot thread regarding new build .

4 Likes

Under soil heating and redevelopment of the ground, forums gone mad :joy:

11 Likes

@warsawpact has raised a very good point though regarding solar panels on the roof at the Bescot , it would be generating our electricity and freeing money to use somewhere else , under soil heating , ground stadium suite heating what ever .
Our firm are looking into it and it appears these companys will fit these virtually free of charge and in fact repair the roof before fitting and then in return they have any surplus energy your panels make over and above what you use .

1 Like

Does that include domestic houses?

Not sure mucka

1 Like

I’m sure it’s come down hugely with the massive hike in fuel prices but I know a few years ago the payback period was about 14 years so until recently would tie money up not release it, but now, yeh, probably is something at least worth looking into. I’m sure the maths makes much more sense these days.

True, but of the 2 games we have had frozen off, Crewe (when we were still on that unbeaten run) and Swindon (where I’d guess we would have had 5,000+ of our fans and Swindon were bringing over 1,000), how much are we going to lose playing them on Tuesday nights compared to the original dates?

I’d think that we would be more than that £30k down altogether on those two.

Things like this are never as straight forward as you might think. You can’t just plonk things on to roofs.

It’s not say that the roof and structure can take the weight (Steel to support them if required isn’t cheap)

You never put holes or fixings through roofs if you don’t have to as they don’t need help leaking and they’d have to be fixed somehow (there’s always a solution usually convoluted)

Then your tieing in mechanical and electrical systems of something new and something 30+ years old together.

Probably a good reason why Jeff didn’t do it ! :joy:

1 Like

The Crewe game was at the end of two extremely cold weeks, we’d have had to have the undersoil heating on for two weeks to get that game on. The bill would have been horrendous.

2 Likes

Good point, it was a very cold week or so leading up to that Crewe game.

They’ve got Alamy on the pitch too.

1 Like

It’s every f**king where …

1 Like

:laughing: It’s a good shout though having solar panels on the roof surely can only help with the running costs.

Talk of expanding the ground and under soil heating is all nonsense let’s get a team capable of getting us out this shite league first and foremost.

4 Likes