Undersoil Heating

On grass it is - but you try it on an artificial surface. :scream:

No harm looking at the costs. But Jeff looked after his money and looked after number 1

1 Like

Watched Rushall beat Kings Langley 2-1 this afternoon in a really good game with a fair few full blooded challenges. The quality of football, in my opinion, has increased greatly at Rushall since the new pitch has been laid and if we realistically want uninterrupted seasons at EFL level then we may have to bite the bullet and consider the introduction of top quality artificial surfaces.

Been to the custard bowl (spit) tonight for a charity event for Compton hospice and mind, they’ve got this on their pitch and they aren’t even at home this week.

@Pedagogue , yes you are absolutely correct there are no official 4g pitches yet .
As you rightly say they are a completely different thing to the artificial pitches of the past .
In a ideal world all clubs would have undersoil heating funded by the premier League a 1or2% levy on all Premier League transfer fees would more than adequately underpin EFL clubs provided it was administered correctly ( questionable)
It would also provide funds to ensure that all clubs had at least goal line technology installed and probably VAR as well, this is one of my biggest issues with football now , it’s gone from all clubs being equal regards enforcing the rules to the situation we now have where the Elite clubs seem to have different rules.
Complete "pie in the sky"I know but just how I see it .

1 Like

I was thinking the same about solar panels on the roof and some batteries to store it. The area there is should generate lots of electricity for the cub and some to sell to the grid.

Bet FGR are all over it :grinning:

No thanks!

I agree , but I believe if the premier League have to have it , then to keep everything equal so should all the league’s , otherwise as I say basically you have two different games which can’t be right

IMO VAR is one of the biggest cons going. VAR was touted as being the silver bullet to end controversial refereeing decisions. However, the decisions being made by the VAR are only the interpretation of the laws of the game by another human being. You only have to see the continued confusion over hand ball incidents to take my point. In effect the League of Greed is paying for 2 referees to officiate a match rather than one. Madness!
Goal line technology, on the other hand, should be installed throughout the EFL. It costs about £250000 to install but is totally free of human intervention. I’m sure the PL could afford to stump up the circa £25 million required to install it in every league ground?

This is exactly what I am saying , at the risk of repeating myself it should definitely be in use at all EFL grounds and National League grounds.
The VAR debate as you say is different, it’s just my opinion that if the Elite have it then so should everyone else or do away with it all together.

1 Like

I think VAR will keep being developed until AI runs the whole show. It’ll probably be cheaper to install by then too. Might be a long wait until that day comes though…

1 Like

Anyway. Going back on topic, whatever happened to the state of the art brazier pitch heating system that was installed at Bescot???

Helps the grass grow I think, Villa park is lit up most nights with same thing.

The resources these clubs have is mind blowing, I also believe all of their training facilities have the same.

These Premier league players have no idea what a muddy pitch looks like. They literally play and train in perfect conditions.

I love how trivela took over in the summer and all of a sudden we can afford 3 strikers on 3k+ a month , a stadium capacity increases and under soil heating
Rolling in the dosh

2 Likes

@ProfessorPeach Had to be discontinued due to H and S :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

All that investment wasted :laughing:

2 Likes

Why did you have to link this to the thread about the tories again :roll_eyes:.There’s always one :man_facepalming:t2::wink:.

1 Like

4G pitches give you Covid - everyone knows that **

**(some or all of this a lie)

2 Likes

I don’t know if this rings true across other professional sides, but a few years ago I was watching a game on 3G and someone there had coached at an academy (wasnt in the midlands) might have been Man City or United or a NW side.

What I do remember is then saying is that for the 18s and seniors training on the 3G was a last resort. And that were ever possible they’d keep the 16s and 15s off it. All to do with the development of joints etc. Once you hit a certain age the body doesn’t like those harder surfaces.

Reason being it’s not kind on the joints.

1 Like