Verity Sheldon RIP

This has just been posted

Everyone at the Club is devastated to learn of the recent passing of young Saddlers supporter Verity Sheldon

If everyone could please join in with an applause in the 8th minute against Wimbledon this weekend, it would mean a lot to the family, who have our full support!

It would be fab if the 1200 odd Saddlers making there way to Wimbledon could make this happen
Spread the word

12 Likes

So sad to hear this news. My condolences go to Verity’s family and friends.

6 Likes

RIP. A sad outcome. Condolences to family and friends.

2 Likes

So very sad RIP :pray:

God bless verity condolences to the family and friends

I’m going to Wimbledon and will most definitely show my respect to the memory of Verity and her family who must be absolutely devastated.

1 Like

I’ll be happy to join in with the applause. RIP to Verity and my thoughts go out to her family

That’s so sad. RIP Verity. Agree would be great if we could honour her 8th minute against Wimbledon.

As a dad, nothing gets me more than the death of a child, so sad to hear.

3 Likes

It’s against the nature of what we believe life should be. It’s not right to us that a child should predecease their parents.
As you say, a parent can imagine nothing worse.

BBC News - Parents thank Walsall FC for tribute to late daughter - BBC News

13 Likes

That article is a very tough read and my condolences go out to her parents, who have experienced something that no parent should have to face. It’s nice to read, however, that they have gained some comfort from their association with the football club and in particular the visit by Mat Sadler. Credit should go to him as I don’t think that it would have necessarily been an easy thing to do. I am “happy” to see that Acorns Children Hospice cared for Verity in her final days, a facility that has been generously supported by this online community over recent times and which is worthy of mention.

10 Likes

This really hit hard. My son is the same age as Verity and the thought of him not being by my side at the matches would break my heart.

So so sad.

2 Likes

I was teary eyed when I read about Verity. There’s nothing worse on earth than losing a child, especially one so young, just absolutely devastating.
May God bless her parents and give them the strength to carry on. Their daughter is in Heaven now where there’s no more sorrow, pain, tears or suffering.
RIP.

2 Likes

Evening all, Cresswell Wanderers FC are doing a charity game at Bescot on the 12th of May. It would be amazing to see as many of you there as possible.

The aim is to raise as much money as possible for some fantastic charities including Acorns Children’s Hospice.

5 Likes