Voice on the board for supporters

Let’s give him a chance. Perhaps we could offer him a section on UTS to garner opinions on club issues?

1 Like

What commercial organisation would promote someone to their board so easily?

He’s only been SLO a short period.

1 Like

Rather have Dancing Kev than someone with links to Bonser in the role.

4 Likes

A commercial organisation that has previous knowledge of the person and feels they can fill that role?
I am willing to give it a go with him in that role, you seem to feel he is little more than a yes man. Time will tell.

More chance of them letting him do an editorial for Penthouse.

6 Likes

Democracy… Not. We are a bureaucratic monster with lots of chiefs but very few Indians eg players lol.

One can only hope so.

Fantastic appointment there Killer.

Already proved in the past that he’s willing to go head over heels for the club (literally in a gambole in the Homeserve Lower)

7 Likes

If the Trust and ISSA have got concerns about the appointment is there a route through the FSA for those concerns to be at least noted.

1 Like

Having read this thread, I can say with certainty that you, my friends, are all small minded individuals who are an embarrassment not only to Walsall FC’s SLO, but to the entire sport of unelected quango appointments…
:stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Embarrassing unelected cronyism

5 Likes

I don’t see the issue with the appointment, I’d say the majority of issues raised too the Graham have been rectified or acknowledged, they aint going to appoint someone who’s going to be pestering them about wage budgets and signing strikers.

5 Likes

Why not?

3 Likes

Surely that’s a far more important thing for fans to want answers to, in relation to the success (or lack of) for the team they support.

A bloke who passes on an email about a burnt sausage roll or a piss-flood in the bogs isn’t what this role should be about. Surely?

5 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

Why have they even bothered unless it’s to show the contempt that they clearly hold us in?

7 Likes

Walsall will never disclose transfer fees received or paid even the playing budget is thrown in with the tea ladies and cleaner’s to hide that . It doesn’t matter who the SLO is that’ll never change

Irrespective of being appointed to the Board, he has been the SLO since December 2019 and most of us are still unclear on exactly what is/isn’t covered in the scope of that role, so from that alone you could argue he hasn’t done a great job in liaising with supporters in the last 20 months?

That clarity would be a start and then at least then we would all know which issues (or any praise when it’s due) could be directed straight to the SLO, via supporters groups, fed into the Working Party meetings or through any another avenue.

1 Like

Men’s me loff that people think it’s a good thing :joy::joy:

The argument put forward is comedy gold

I’m not arsed about the specifics of that. The point of my post is that the role he now finds himself in should be used to deal with real issues to do with the playing side of things, and any serious off the pitch stuff.

In terms of piss and chips, that’s something that should be getting sorted at local level, not board level.

1 Like