W 1-0 vs King's Lynn Town (A) - FA Cup R1 - Sat 6th Nov, 3pm

Brendan Kiernan

I don’t see why they wouldn’t be … but … that’s a horrible prospect.

I’d stick Osedebe up front. At least he might win headers.

1 Like

I can understand fans playing this down, but surely we desperately need to be in the draw for the 3rd round, if we want any chance of making some serious cash from the FA Cup.
If the chairman already knows we will be massively under strength, has he already given up any hope of a run in the competition?

What is this 3rd round of which you speak?

1 Like

Manchester Utd away in the 3rd round if Ronaldo was out we’d have half a chance :joy:

3 Likes

And if they chairman already knows we won’t be?

I came across this pre-match interview from the Kings Lynn manager Ian Culverhouse …

:open_mouth: He really doesnt want to be there does he … :rofl:

Please bear in mind this is in the wilds of outer Norfolk, poor bloke has probably never seen a camera before

1 Like

Lets hope his players show the same lack of enthusiasm.

Stopped listening after he said that we had a lot of weapons going forward.
How rude.

2 Likes

I’m starting to get a bit annoyed by some of the disrespect we’re being shown to be honest. I’ve noticed it a few times this season. There were Leyton Orient fans asking “Walsall? Really? Why would he go there?” when Wilkinson signed, as if he’d signed for a much smaller club and not just left a soulless atmosphere-less fan base in the least inspiring ground in London. Similar comments from the “massive” Newport County when Labadie signed, what with their 7 thousand odd half empty capacity stadium with only two stands. People like Tranmere, who not that long ago were in the conference while we were buying their best striker, viewing us as a bit of a leg up on the first day.

And now, just reading the King Lynn message board, there seems real apathy towards us in a first round FA Cup tie.

All fair enough, especially considering our performances and that Tranmere did actually win, I’ll just really enjoy it if we open the F***ing taps on somebody soon.

4 Likes

I watched about 5 minutes of that, it became too painful to watch.

Interesting that they play with a back 5 which we have struggled against a little this season so far. You have to fancy us to put these away pretty comfortably but as a Walsall fan it is best not to take anything for granted.

Christ what a misery convention that press conference is

1 Like

Absolute charisma vacuum.

1 Like

It’s annoying isn’t it, how many league 2 clubs will be taking 700 to the arse end of nowhere tomorrow?

Half of them can’t muster up more than 300 week in week out.

2 Likes

Ian Culverhouse: “They’ve got some weapons going forward”. I think he means that as a compliment but you could interpret that another way. :smiley:

2 Likes

Sitting motion-less in the third tier for years on end doesnt do us any image favours. We have a fine history not yet tainted by doses on non league football. Its trendy now to lose your league status and come back twice the size you previously were. Clubs like that seem to get the ‘respect’. A firm punch on Kings Lynn’s footballing nose would be good. Might motivate them to have a look at our history.

2 Likes

All loan players have already been given clearance to play by there parent clubs

7 Likes

Salop dont even fancy a day out in Stratford!

I haven’t seen that, but personally I think 700 is remarkable for what really is a crap trip!

2 Likes