W 1-0 vs Port Vale (A) - League Two - Tue 23rd Nov, 7:45pm

Not sure that is the case in all honesty. I feel the rivalry with Vale at least from our side is quite tame these days compared to when I first started watching Walsall. S*** on the Vale was one of the first songs I heard at Fellows Park and we weren’t playing Vale. It is a bit more enhanced this season because Clarke is their manager.

No reason we can’t get a result there in my mind. Even though we aren’t playing especially well. It’s Port Vale not Liverpool. I’d be surprised if they thrashed us, will be a close game I think.

3 Likes

I agree. They have started well but are far from invincible as yesterday showed.

They score a lot of goals but are a bit wobbly at the back.

I’m looking forward to it. Shame it isn’t a Saturday as I’m sure we’d have taken around 2000 but the 1700 odd on Tuesday with the aid of that low roof will make a very decent din.

This is one of two games this season where giving Clarke stick makes some sense. I won’t be joining in the rather odd obsession some of ours have got about what he does in his spare time but he deserves some stick.

3 Likes

Read their match thread. A couple of them seem to think that being third is flattering them. Hope so. Means we can take these and beat them.

I predicted a draw, but they aren’t invincible, so while I can’t change my vote I’ll change my mind.

Fail 2-4 Walsall. Lump on.

A certain defeat on paper, so I have gone for a Walsall win, 2-1 to the Saddlers!

1 Like

Be delighted with a draw and a win on Saturday to leave us significantly ahead of the bottom 2 (and 3 and 4). The last few weeks has the hint of a dip that could become a slump, avoiding that right now would be great, because I’ve a horrible feeling there could be a couple of other slumps to be negotiated yet this season. Just keep the points ticking along sufficiently is crucial.

1 Like

To be fair he has always doggedly denied those accusations

1 Like

Let’s see how many show up after Saturday :rofl:

Now, now. Save it for the terraces…

2 Likes

Negative? No just realistic, after Saturday’s non performance can’t see this squad getting anything from Tuesdays match, (to win matches you have to score, not tinker about relentlessly sideways and backwards) Conlon will get a brace and Rushworth will be very busy picking the ball out of the back of the net! On a positive note, I’m going for a job as Father Christmas! Offering a £1,000 bonus for anyone willing to do the awful job. The kids would just love me…BAH HUMBUG!! :roll_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I also enjoyed the guy comparing Port Vale too a Ferrari we are throwing rocks at while it zooms off into the distance. Bit grand for a nothing club in Burslem.

4 Likes

Username ‘1’ talking a load of number 2.

1 Like

Had we actually won the odd home game there would be nothing in it points wise. Win Tuesday and we’re 5 points behind them.

Hardly smashing it are they :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

I actually had them to go up as champions this season and I don’t think they’ll be far away, but the real hilarity in that particular delusion is that there’s absolutely nothing between the bottom of this division all the way up to the middle of League 1, there’s about 30 clubs all of a similar size and reputation all butting their heads against a bit of a ceiling. Nobody is Ferrari zooming away from anyone, it’s a race to be the most proficient with a small budget in this game.

Clearly they are enjoying being above us in that pecking order for the first time in about 20 years, doesn’t happen often :man_shrugging: I reckon somebody really is drinking Darrell’s cool aid, he’s good at getting people to do that, I remember when he was here.

4 Likes

I take your point Mazza but if you multiply out the current difference for the entire season they are way ahead. Carry on like this and we will watching Port Vale win promo in our backyard in April. They are more deserving of it at the moment than we are.

1 Like

Unlike us Port Vale actually own their vehicle. Might not be a Ferrari but its theirs. Not stitched up on some horrific ‘no get out’ lease like we are.

1 Like

Quite a lot of clubs in that 30 odd I mentioned rent their vehicle just like us :+1:

2 Likes

Ours is more of a rented reliant Robin that annually fails its mot.

2 Likes

Meh, I’ve been in much worse grounds than ours this season. Granted the service is still shite at ours, but Sutton, Oldham, Newport County, Hartlepool all less appealing grounds than ours and that’s only so far. The state of our ground is quite over done, it’s not a bad facility at all it just needs to be ran better and that’s nothing to do with the rent.

5 Likes

And I would think all of them would like to own their own home one day. Just like PV do now.

Of course. I’d like to own my house but life’s a bitch. You do the best you can.

1 Like