W 1-0 vs Sutton United (A) - League Two - Sat 30th Oct, 3pm

I cannot see why we cannot pick up all 3 points, just think we would be better with one holding midfielder than the 2. As George need some more support. Let be honest against Barrow we list shape and midfield disappeared into the back 4. 2.0

I share your concerns. Having seen enough of Suttonā€™s highlights, they are very direct, in that they look to cross the ball as early as possible at every opportunity. They also have a long throw that is not too shabby.

Your ā€˜perfect stormā€™ statement is spot on.

Iā€™ll be happy to get out of Sutton with our unbeaten run still intact.

1 Like

This team we will be terrified defending against. Our players hate crosses and they love them. Our nightmare
We need to get the shape right to have a chance!
Iā€™d take a draw but wouldnā€™t be suprised if we are well beaten

ā€¦and also Marianne Faithfull and a Mars bar

2 Likes

There are a couple of factors that make you reevaluate this though.

They did have a man sent off Saturday so I presume they will be banned for our game. They also have another game tomorrow against Colchester on the road, after being away at Rochdale as well on Saturday while we have a weeks rest.

And lets be fair, they were 2 nil down and lost to Rochdale, level on points with us. Weā€™re not playing Stoke City circa Rory Delap long throws here, we shouldnā€™t be going into this game thinking we canā€™t get a result. I get that we have a weakness, but so will they and hopefully we can expose that.

2 Likes

I thing they are in Sandwell nature reserve so probably moving north.Probably start heading south when they see Wolvo.

3 Likes

Werenā€™t they all eaten by the Sandwell Valleygator? :rofl:

Due to a balls up at the collection window on Saturday (partly my own fault for not checking), I was only given my Kings Lynn ticket and not Sutton. Iā€™ve been assured that it will be at their ground to pick up on the day but still nervous that I wonā€™t get in.

Confident that we can score goals against these, but can we keep a clean sheet? Orient showed that we can do it, but we have to be more consistent.

Just means you will have to leave the pub at five to three instead of 3 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

What did she do with it ? Deep fry it before the jocks ?

They sell deep fried crĆØme eggs and mars bars at the chippy in pelsall but canā€™t bring myself to have one :face_vomiting:

1 Like

That is genius because they canā€™t get a sausage roll right at the Bankā€™s :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Battered Mars bars are so nice. Sickly but nice.

1 Like

I watched a programme the other night, and there were 2 guys refusing to even try it, but when they did, they were amazed at how nice it was :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I recommend anyone to try one, itā€™s very gooey, but itā€™s much nicer than you imagine. Iā€™ll have to try the Creme Egg one in Pelsall next time Iā€™m visiting my parents again!

2 Likes

She was Mick Jaggers girlfriend, and when a load of police raided Keef Richards house looking for drugs, they allegedly found her with a Mars bar placed somewhere strategic, and Jagger eating it. I canā€™t remember what Keef was said to be doing at the time.
Everybody has denied it, I doubt thereā€™s much truth to it, although there might have been a Mars bar somewhere, but I wouldnā€™t think it was where the rumours claim it to be.

Itā€™s like those rumours that used to circulate every so often about a male rock star who needed his stomach pumped because it was so full of semen. Iā€™ve heard it about Mark Almond, Elton John, Rod Stewart, Boy George, itā€™s probably been said about others too. Load of nonsense.

1 Like

Anyway, i am trying to watch coronation street, apparently there is a Johny floating down a sewer? canā€™t see how that is big news :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :joy:

Made some Mars bar ones myself years ago. Nice with Ice cream.

I did get diagnosed with type 2 diabetes shortly after though, so eat with caution :grinning:

1 Like

Is that info off twitter ?

2 Likes

Ocean fish bar mate by the post office opposite The Queens pub :+1:t2: Advertised on the door

But i must point out OTHER chocolate brands and chip shops are available :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: we donā€™t want this site on a law suit :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like