W 1-0 vs Sutton United (A) - League Two - Sat 30th Oct, 3pm

Sorry mate have to be so careful nowadays :crazy_face:I canā€™t bring myself to eat one I have a feeling of what the texture would be like and I just canā€™t do it.

1 Like

Not been in there for years, used to do a mossive fish though. Unfortunately my old man always preferred the little chippy cos they did orange chips.

2 Likes

Always remember Kenny Mosedale telling me a story about big Micky Hewitt (god bless him x) going into the Ocean and ordering 2 pies or 2 fish? because he wasnā€™t very fond of chips.
And someone upset him outside and instead of hitting them (because he was a gentle giant) he threw the food at them, he loved his food so must have been proper pissed :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I know Kenny, used to drink in the Red Cow with my Dad.

1 Like

ye thatā€™s him, he is still my best mate, and i do love him to bits lol, and we are going into business with each other, it is a recipe for disaster :joy:

Little Chippy is much better. The Big Chippy (Ocean) seems to have got a bit too greasy according to my old man.

Yeah I am talking 15 years since I last went in there. I never liked orange chips, the little chippy was the first place I ever knew do them. My Dad always used to go there when we were kids. There was a chippy over the road from our house actually in heath end, when we were really young. Think it is a chinese now. Used to serve your chips in newspaper.

The chippy on the Wolv*****ton rd has stepped up trust me, my family rave about it.
Takes me back to the last time i used it, the old Greek guy had it, i ordered fish and chips but i wanted extra salt, but he said ā€œNOā€ it is bad for you, then i ordered a coke and he said ā€œwell have a sugar free you look like you need itā€ :joy: i never went again :joy:

Orange chips :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
Worth coming home for on their own

2 Likes

Scoffs in Bloxwich are amazing :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Canā€™t wait for @Exile to wake up to this :joy:

1 Like

My first experience of orange chips was when I was at school in Wednesbury in the mid 70ā€™s. We used to sneak out to the one in Franchise Street once or twice a week.
25 years on I took on a factory around the corner from there and so went back in. It was like stepping back into my childhood.

1 Like

Has this thread gone off topic a bit? Weā€™ve had parakeets, Sandwell Valley, creme eggs, Mars bars, Jimi Hendrix, orange chips and cunnilingus, and thereā€™s still five days to go till kick off.

3 Likes

I worked on the modernisation of the houses on Franchise street, but spent more time in the Cottage spring and Forge tavern :joy:

1 Like

They are ALL relevant :joy: :wink:

1 Like

That explains why they still have outside bogs then

1 Like

I couldnā€™t agree more. I love a derailed thread.

1 Like

Me too, except I sometimes lose my train of thought.

2 Likes

Talking of orange chips thereā€™s a shop in Bilston that does them, Iā€™ve been there a few times before going to The Robin, I always think they are dead nice at first, but about a third of the way through the portion I reckon they become really sickly.

Youā€™re on your own. Iā€™m busy working.

Can we try to stay on topic, not reminisce about deep fried budgies or whatever!!

2 Likes