W 2-0 vs Solihull Moors (A) - Friendly- Sat 23rd July, 3pm

They just beat blues 1-0.

When you say just ā€¦ you mean yesterday? They played last nght.

This match will prove much more indicative of how the land lies for WFC than the previous friendlies as thereā€™s very little difference in standard between L2 & NL teams.
I would expect MF to start the match with the team & formation that he has in mind for the Hartlepool fixture.
Could be very interesting indeedā€¦

2 Likes

Especially given there was 10 or so places between us in the pyramid last season.

1 Like

Itā€™s going to be the best indicator yet of starting line up and about where weā€™re at but its still a friendly, letā€™s not go OTT whichever way the result and performance go on Saturday.

1 Like

Can we pay on the gate tomorrow?

You can from their ticket office.

Thanks

Big test this one is and our biggest indicator yet of where we are a week before the league starts.I personally donā€™t hold much hope of coming away with a win Iā€™ll go for a 0-0 draw.

1 Like

I canā€™t see us scoring to be honest, so if THEY do :frowning_with_open_mouth:

That could well be the story of a fair few of our football league matches mate unless folk pull a rabbit out the hat and get us a striker whoā€™s got more experience than the Stoke kid to play alongside Williams.Flynn might want one sorted for Monday nights question time appearance otherwise thereā€™ll be plenty of questions on the subject.I mean whatā€™s happening with Abraham? Because you know whatā€™s coming donā€™t you mate heā€™ll disappear somewhere else and weā€™ll end up needing 2 strikers with less than a week to go.

1 Like

Be good to play against a team with a similar if not only slightly better team than us.
See where we are

1 Like

Depressingly you are probably correct , how have we arrived at a point where with all due respect Solihull may be better than WFC .

2 Likes

If Abraham plays tomorrow heā€™ll be close to signing I would think, if he doesnā€™t play, MF let him go.
It would be interesting if Dallas plays for Moors tomorrowā€¦

Why?

Solihull 0 - 3 Saddlers (Williams Hat trick)
Woke up in a more positive mood this morning :grin:

1 Like

Did ya forget to take your medication last night.

2 Likes

Gotta take my 5 year old to a kids party today so iā€™m missing it. Have a feeling it may be less painful!

@davidusa I agree. Solihull signed a striker yesterday so it WILL be interesting if Dallas plays this afternoon.

Fancied this early days, but as we have zero forward players I want to watch Iā€™m swerving it.

Hope everyone has a good day :beers: