W 2-0 vs Solihull Moors (A) - Friendly- Sat 23rd July, 3pm

Looking at the striker they signed yesterday he looks just like the type player we should be taking a look at along with more established player’s.

They got Alex Reid earlier in the summer, someone else I suggested we took a punt on last summer. I think he has a better CV than the lad from Stoke.

This is the point about choosing a market to shop in.

We either need people at the club that are capable of spotting the necessary quality when it has a lesser market value - eg Dallas last summer. OR we need to pay the going rate.

At the moment we do neither.

Regarding the player Moors signed yesterday, he’s transitioning from part-time to full-time with the move. Noticed they’d given him a 3 year deal which means he’s got some security going forward.

Absolutely right , these players coming out of the National leagues generally have a lot more experience of playing in " men’s football" than academy players.
The step up to league football is not so great .

The way our pre-season has gone I wonder what odds you would get on Williams picking up an injury and missing the kick off to the new season?

I think most supporters would be happier if we picked more players up from the national leagues , even Ferrier had a bit about him when he first came until it went pear shaped for whatever reason.

Bit of a cock by all accounts

Could play though, at the moment the academy players we’ve brought in don’t look anything special.
Hopefully I’m proved wrong

1 Like

Should add , could play at this level

So I believe , that shouldn’t stop you looking though, they won’t all be cocks

1 Like

Plus he was shite.

1 Like

Shite attitude , ability wise he’d walk into this team

Ability is pointless if you don’t have the attitude to match. Hence why he is now on his 2nd club in two seasons in Israeli football. Therefore I’d question whether he would be anywhere near this squad with Flynn in charge.

Ability is pointless , wow .

The original point was that we don’t seem to pick up players from the national leagues,

It’s true. Only got to look at Ravel Morrison and player of that ilk. Talent only gets you so far.

1 Like

Not the point I’m making

You mean the Ravel who’s just signed a very lucrative contract with DC United ,.

I mean Ravel who most of the United squad and Ferguson from 10-12 years ago said was the most naturally gifted footballer they’d ever seen and due to his attitude, threw it away.

Ferrier is obviously not at the same level, but the original point made by @WeYamTheMods is still valid.

1 Like

geordiesaddler,
[quote="davidusa:
It would be interesting if Dallas plays for Moors tomorrow…
[/quote]

Why?
I thought Andrew Dallas may be one of the strikers Flynn is after. Scored 20 last season, Local lad who wouldn’t have to relocate and is stepping up to football league level. A player who would significantly improve our (lackluster) front line.

A couple of years ago the club said it was building relationships with our neighbours to secure good loan signings. As this is two in two years I can only conclude that the local club in question was Mansfield. Who’d have thought?

2 Likes