W 2-1 vs Crawley Town (H) - League Two - Sat 19th Nov, 3pm

Of course mate :joy::joy::+1:

Congratulations on your pro career.

What a brilliant strike by Johnson, Buckleyesque can’t give him a better compliment.

Ps The new lucky Parka now up to 5 games unbeaten! :sunglasses:
Pps I didn’t actually wear it yesterday but I did remove it from the coat peg and place it on my office chair.

7 Likes

One of the main problems with just DJ up front, he’s isolated and gets very little service. One can often see him berating his teammates for failing to provide him with a pass when he’s open in the area. I realize all strikers want the ball so do the other outfielders want a chance to score too.
If Wilkinson can be back soon, it will be interesting to see how well him and DJ work together.
I feel certain there are on going talks with Mansfield about getting DJ here permanently, he seems to like it here and our style of play suits him. Trivela has the final say of course, but they’ve proven to be supportive of MF in the past. I hope the two clubs can get this worked out soon.

Wilkinson and DJ may not be the combination people hope it will.

They will both be interested in one thing and that’s scoring themselves. I really don’t see either of them having the others interests at heart.

Good partnerships (which are a dying breed btw) often require one player to be less selfish and have less of an ego and to be more humble around the outcomes….

Heskey
Firmino
Son
Yorke
Beardsley
Sheringham
Dalglish

To name just a few…

1 Like

They both had their best season at orient playing together I believe so I think they will be fine

5 Likes

Not sure if it’s been mentioned as I’ve not read everything but I thought the officials were really good. Obviously he sent one of theirs off which is always a plus, but both yellows were the correct decision. I’m sure their centre half could have gone earlier with a similar incident to his second yellow but gave him the benefit.

It’s also noteworthy that it was the linesman who flagged for our free kick that lead to the equaliser. I can’t recall another game this season, either for or against, where a linesman has helped his official out.
After the red I thought there might be some evening out, with 50-50 decisions going against us, but again he was very fair and let the game flow as best he could. I’m usually quick to criticise officials so it’s only fair they get a bit of praise this time round

5 Likes

Possibly.

34 goals between them in what is effectively 94 games while both at their peak (chronologically and statistically) will be hard to recreate.

It will also depend on style of play and how that contrasted to Orients.

I’m not dismissing the possibility I’m just suggesting it may not be one to get too ahead of ourselves on.

Wilkinson could find it very difficult to get up to speed consistently. It won’t be his first three games that are difficult it’ll be the next 10.

1 Like

And you call others negative :joy::joy:

No?

I can’t understand how people aren’t realistic or level headed. Not sure I ever accused anyone of being negative?

My comment above has nothing to do with negativity at all and everything to do with being realistic and thinking with my head not my heart.

Or,put simply. You must start thinking like me and my alter ego El,nombre.

1 Like

A bit condescending that. Just because you shape all your posts in a self-defined sphere of ‘rationality’ doesn’t mean what you’re saying is correct, or a more informed opinion.

2 Likes

Not whilst we are currently playing without a half decent 2nd striker, how does Wilkinson not improve us? That’s certainly not a more informed opinion.

When did I say a fully fit Wilkinson doesn’t improve us?

Im not suggesting how I shape my posts makes them more informed. What I’m saying is if I’m more informed it will shape my posts as more rational.

There is one post on this thread where you have painstakingly copied and pasted comments from no less than 11 different UTS members and belittled their opinions.

I think you need to reflect more on that than trying to form rational posts.

7 Likes

I didn’t belittle their opinions at all. I made it quite clear I couldn’t for love or money work out why people would be so scathingly critical of their own teams players in one the best spells of form and success in the last 4 years!!

You, or others may want to reflect on that!

I also made it clear that I kind of understood the emotional in game venting but that it was no basis whatsoever for a rational thought process or critique.

It’s mind boggling.

You, or others may not like me or how I post but you will be very hard pushed to find a post where I’m insulting to an individual (along the lines of “he’s shit” or “he’s crap”), or make a judgement on his performance that isn’t either constructive or factually backed up and / or researched and considered.

You also won’t find many that over a varying period of time haven’t proved to be reasonably accurate or fair.

Mental place when outright abuse of an individual playing for your football club can be seen as more acceptable than someone watching, re watching and looking at the facts / stats, before posting a considered opinion.

1 Like

Stand by my views on Earing - thought his calmness and measured play was what we needed and ultimately paid dividends.

3 Likes

I beg to differ. Earring did well when he came in I’m not disputing that. He passed it neatly and he fetched and carried. But he was playing against a team who were offering nothing in terms of competing for possession and were sitting on the edge of their own box allowing us the ball. He only offered the same as what Comley would’ve been offering with maybe slightly more movement about him. But for me he did it all too slowly.

What actually paid dividends in the end was someone with the ability to change pace and change direction and have the ability to take a player out the game by running past him in the most congested area of the pitch.

Just my opinion before I get shot down for having a constructive input.

Well just as you are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine. But make your mind up - in your original post when you chose to castigate myself and others, you described Earing as “poor”, now you say he did well.

3 Likes

He was poor interns of what he offered in trying to win the game.

He did well doing exactly what I could still do in an unopposed role with every Crawley player 20 yards off him.

He certainly didn’t make the difference.