W 2-1 vs Notts County (A) - League Two - Sat 9th Dec, 3pm

What a strange team we are, lose to Sutton 4-0 and respond with a 4-1 v Gillingham. Awful performance at Alfreton and we respond with a win at County. Expect the unexpected with Walsall.

I don’t know what to make of Sadler. We’ve had some dross under him and some really good performances. I’ve defended him on here plenty but even I was questioning him after Alfreton, wondering if it was too much for him too soon. Walsall is clearly a difficult job but today proves the players are at least playing for him. Some of the comments have been massively OTT about him in my opinion. I’ve always found him to speak well and I like him, whether he turns out to be the right man for the job, time will tell.

5 Likes

We’ve got good players, they’re bound to win the odd game

2 Likes

I love that :owl:

1 Like

“Four straight league wins at Meadow Lane for Walsall, now joint with Posh and MKD as being our current biggest bogey teams at home”

I love being a bogey team!

2 Likes

:joy:

4 Likes

One swallow does not a summer make, nor one fine day.

5 Likes

Highlights

6 Likes

Well that was a much better performance than we’ve seen of late.

Our press was much better today, we did it better, more consistently and across more of the team. If you do it right it will be more effective against possession teams like county than against quite a lot of teams in this league though.

2nd half we were much better in possession than we have been and county’s well documented defensive issues helped us make that count.

As we have said it’s very Walsall to win a game like this, hopefully it will be the start of a real turn around.

What I will say though is I didn’t come to the conclusion Sadler has to go because of one result or performance and so I won’t be changing my mind yet just because of this. I need to see this maintained over the next 2 or 3 games and more explanation of what he’s trying to do and then if that’s the case I will be delighted to say o.k you’ve earned the extra time you’re asking for.

4 Likes

I’m sure Aristotle would have moderated his outlook if he had a season ticket down the Bescot.

2 Likes

that’s a naughty finish from Macca for the 2nd ;)))

2 Likes

For our first their keeper should have done better, but you won’t hear me complaining about that.

1 Like

It said on commentary he blasted it, but he actually placed it in the top corner.

2 Likes

It was a super goal all round. DD, who actually spent a lot of time in forward positions, turned the ball over (which we did time and time again), Hutch cut in dangerously and played a fine ball to McEntee, whose finish was sublime.

3 Likes

very true - super strength from DD , good play from Hutch and wow , what a finish , stroked it home but at 100mph . Naughty all round - I fear we might get a fine from the FA for how naughty that goal was

2 Likes

Great reaction save at his near post from Smith at 1-0 down well done player kept us in it. Just a young team with the inconsistency of youth. I’d like to see some experience introduced into the team in January May help Sadler.

Really good result

She wore

3 Likes

yes, great save, strong wrist - can’t imagine we’d be coming back from 2-0 - well done to him

I’m not going to say a word

4 Likes

I like Smith, maybe he needs a run in the team. Would give Evans the kick up the backside I think he needs. Hopefully not making starting 11 has done same for Hutch, it seemed to work today when he came on

3 Likes

Let me taste that humble pie every week

3 Likes

Do we know how long Evans is out for?