W 2-1 vs Stockport County (H) - League Two, Sat 12th August, 3:00pm

Well it will matter if we keep losing tbf.

Couldn’t agree more, for me he ain’t a midfielder.

1 Like

Interesting hutch isn’t first choice now after 1 bad game and 1 good game in the cu for tierney
Don’t forget what hutch did for us last year!
What we gonna do drop Johnson after 1 bad game?

I didn’t say it would be Hutch I’d drop for him …

Oteh would be my choice, Tierney as a second striker. Second to that would be Comley and Tierney is a Centre Mid two.

Christ people are so defensive over Hutchinson :joy: in fact I literally said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Na 8 goals 9 assists and 50 appearances in league two mean nothing after a thrilling 4-3 loss v Blackburns reserves in a cup neither side cared about and was played with neither side wanting to mark anyone :rofl:

He didn’t single handedly carry the entire sides below par performance Saturday so although everyone else was as poor….he was especially shite and must have serious question marks over his importance :crazy_face::crazy_face::laughing::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You also said “that wouldn’t be the side I picked but…” which insinuated something different to that.

Tierney was played last night as a second striker not a 10 or a midfielder……it’s possible he could fit in the side in that role given that no one has really nailed that position as their own?

Also, I keep saying it but we really don’t play a 10….it’s two 8s and a holding player….

1 Like

Didn’t say he hadn’t got the legs I said he lacked pace which are 2 different things :thinking:

1 Like

I thought we looked really dangerous in the last 20 against Blackburn when we played a sort of 442/4231/433.

My team would be:

Evans

Foulkes McEntee Daniels Gordon

Tierney Stirk Hutchinson

Maher DJ Oteh

Still think we need a dominating 8 in the middle instead of Tierney, but that side would be hard to contend with going forward…

(Would also have Knowles instead of Mager starring if fit)

(Also realise this won’t happen)

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s not important for centre mid :thinking:

Good team selection, Agressive and positive and might just solve the defensive frailty.

1 Like

Why …do you need to be a speed merchant to play midfield :thinking:

Because you have to do things like box to box, ball winning, track runners :joy: it’s almost like most midfielders are more mobile than most centre half’s or something.

Has everyone just taken leave of their common sense on this site today? Crying about penalties that wouldn’t have been a penalty, crying about if their favourites may or may not be in a fantasy line up, asking why it MIGHT be important to have legs in CENTRAL MIDFIELD :joy: Jesus Christ.

Today? It’ll been that way for a while!

2 Likes

Ffs I didn’t say he didn’t hadn’t got the legs I said he lacked pace . Doesn’t look to be anything wrong with his stamina.

1 Like

FFS having legs includes being able to do the things I said, which would infer you have some pace or at least mobility more than a centre half would

Really hope foulkes gets his chance

7 Likes

Heather Small “moving on up “

1 Like

Evans

Foulkes McEntee Daniels Hussey Gordon

Stirk

Hutchinson Tierney

Oteh Johnson

Draper for Oteh after 55/60 minutes

Riley for Tierney around the same time

1 Like

Very risky playing 2 AM and 2 ST against Stockport.

Would make a great song for the side to run out, really get the crowd rocking.

1 Like