W 2-1 vs Swindon Town (A) - League Two - Mon 26th Dec, 3pm

Our first game in a while, hopefully we can pick up where we left off.

Hope you all had / are having a good Christmas and I’m sure I’ll see a few of you at a game soon.

Safe travels to anyone going down to the game.

Swindon Town vs Walsall - Match Result
  • Swindon Town Win
  • Draw
  • Walsall Win

0 voters

I can see us winning this one.They’ve not been in great form and since losing 4-0 to Stockport in the FA Cup in November they failed to win in the league until an early goal away to Barrow gave them victory in the last game.Our goal difference is better than theirs by 4 goals and they sit 4th which is slightly backwards if you ask me so I’ll go for a Boxing Day 2-1 win.

2 Likes

Two of us are going tomorrow, only just over an hour drive from where I live now. 3 points would be smashing… Come on the boys!!!

1 Like

Think we have sold 500 tickets . With it being pay on the day with no price increase can see us taking closer to 1 k

1 Like

Hope it’s better than our last visit. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Have to say I’ve been tempted to turn up myself.

Me and my boy will be there paying on the day.:+1:

1 Like

Sound like great support again from the Saddlers faithful, they have been an absolute credit to the club this season.
I hope Wilkinson get a run out and he can quickly recapture his form before the injury. I also hope we’re not too rusty as it seems ages since we last played.
Lets not repeat the beating we received the last time we visited the County Ground.

2 Likes

Everyone playing tomorrow so really need
3 points to keep us in the chasing pack.

Looks like it’s on I follow

Looking forward to this. Winnable for sure if we turn up. Got my tickets hopefully a good turn out on the day from us fans. UTS

Safe travels to those going to Swindon today.

4 Likes

anyone know the best place to park? I went a few years ago but can’t remember. :thinking:

I parked in Spring Gardens Car park last time - SN1 2NN or I think there is a school called St Joesphs where you can park for a fiver

1 Like

There is a school a few hundred yards away with monitored parking. Think it was 3 quid last time I went.

It was £5 last season.

All the close by street parking is permit only - apart from, strabgely, the cul-de-sac right next door off the Magic Roundabout but that is usually rammed with residents 99.9% of the time.

On the same road as the school (and a shorter walk to our end via a pathway between the cricket club and the park) is a Tesco store. They have (or had last time I checked) a 3 hour limit for “customer” parking - which is enough for the game if you get there after 2pm, but not if you get there earlier for a pre-game drink. They used to be fairly relaxed (according to several Swindon fans I asked) but I believe they’ve recently handed the policing over to a 3rd party who are now very aggressive about chasing over stayers. Not sure how busy it’s going to be on Boxing Day though (open till 6pm).

Opposite are a couple of other shops (one being a Go I recall) but they are very hot on non-customers parking on their car park.

After that you are looking at a long walk to find restriction free street parking.

PS Most of the pubs close to.the ground are home fans only (or at least no away colours).

If it’s open today, the cricket club had a decent bar the last time I was in (also got a small car park too). Or there is Bar 71 - the designated away watering point just along the Arkell’s stand from our turnstiles (bit soulless but usually a few Saddlers using it). Apart from that it is a bit of a jaunt to a decent pub that is away friendly.

Slightly off topic,does anyone know what time I can get a drink in the stadium suite against Stockport?

Are we on the side or on the open bank ?