W 2-1 vs Swindon Town (A) - League Two - Mon 26th Dec, 3pm

Well luckily for you, you almost always are :joy:

Massive kudos to Flynn for turning this around, because a little under 12 months ago the decline looked irreversible.

There was quite a large group in the middle of the Arkells stand about level with where I was who were jumping up and down and cheering at the final whistle.
They were either our fans or had a big accie come up.

Have to say I’m excited to see where this goes with Jacob.He clearly has potential going on where he began his career and with us having a decent history as being a club that rejuvenates careers he could work out to be a very good signing indeed.

2 Likes

Great result yesterday as the quicker we get out this league the better :see_no_evil::joy:

2 Likes

Even a very rusty wilko still had something yesterday
We played better when he was on the pitch over knowles and Johnson
Can’t wait til he is fully match for again!

A quite superb Saint Stephens Day present and what could and should be a season defining result. The County Ground is never an easy place to go and to think it was less than a year we were brutally taken apart with our pants well and truly pulled down, and then yesterday’s performance was chalk and cheese. We are really starting to look a side capable of a top 7 finish, solid as a rock at the back, hard working in midfield and with a little bit of quality up top.

1 Like

It was never in grout I mean doubt mate.

2 Likes

Look at the state of some of those away days though, it’s a good average considering.

1 Like

I agree. His physicality and presence gave us a different look and I think players like Hutchinson trying to join in from midfield will benefit hugely from his inclusion going forward as was demonstrated by Maddox yesterday . It also reinforces my opinion that DJ and Wilkinson up front and moving Knowles wide in place of Bennet strengthens us not weakens us and when he returns to Cambridge it won’t be the disaster some think it will.

3 Likes

Really hope we can keep DJ him and Wilkinson upfront is as good as anything in this League

Cheers mate. I’ve already bought tickets so just collecting these and my Stockport away ones. Just didn’t want to be queuing on the night wasting valuable drinking time :grimacing:

1 Like

Thanks for the exact numbers which probably make the average nearer to 500 than 600 now but aside from the long trips north and a few south east corner, it is certainly solid.
Hopefully that average will increase quite a bit in the second half of the season

1 Like

“Excessive celebrations” according to the PA report. If you look at the highlights, Danny was doing what all good strikers should do - he saw the flight of the cross/shot from Knowles and followed it, hoping for a tap-in. Of course it found its own way into the net, and a split second later Danny joined it, and found himself facing the home supporters … so naturally he was tempted to “give it large”, and did. The camera panned back towards the half-way line, and you can see the referee striding towards the goal (and Danny) while reaching into his pocket for the yellow card.

A small glimpse that Conor hasn’t lost too much of what he had before that injury yesterday and I really hope he does come back the same if not better.

1 Like

Kinsella must of done really well to break up Carlisle attacks

4 Likes

Sadly, I’ve just counted the dots on the Swindon ticket website.
The sections we were allocated have 853 seats, so it was just over half full.
Looks like some cash has been pugged away somewhere…

Can’t see Swindon doing anything like that. :thinking:

1 Like

Must have some long legs to stop those attacks mate.

Totally agree
Wilko is a much better striker than knowles no doubt but knowles really isn’t a striker his a winger. Knowles would be a much better rwb than wilko
I’d be very happy for knowles to play over bennet when he leaves as imo he offers a lot more running towards goal with the ball at his feet .
It’s exciting to think that losing one of our best players isn’t suicide for once