W 3-1 vs AFC Wimbledon (H) - League Two - Sat 8th Oct, 3pm

As far as I can work out, for us to progress Cheltenham have to beat West Ham and we have to beat Franchise by at least two clear goals.

Yep, agree with that ā€¦ so as good as out

2 Likes

Still feel the team has someway to go to improve. Last 25 minutes were very stressful. Game should have been killed of with xhances created. My main concern when under ling spells of pressure there is no way out. Leaving one player up normally make 2 player stay back. As long as we dont go so deep like we did against northampton think we could get a really positive result 3.1 for me

1 Like

Yeah a couple of prem teams done it, Everton signed a keeper when Pickford got injured.

Bit difficult to do it though if Evans pulls up injured 20 minutes into tomorrowā€™s game though so letā€™s hope not.

Go back 20 years and in the days of 3 or even 5 subs many clubs wouldnā€™t bother with sub keeper, less common with 7 or 9 options. Is there really no youth keeper or are they all out on loan?

Salford signed Conor Ripley on a emergency loan last season

https://mobile.twitter.com/SalfordCityFC/status/1449351949573312516

1 Like

The increase in substitutes has really changed the game.

My lifetime goes from a time where there was just one substitute and most dugouts had room for manager, coach, physio plus the one sub to today where the bench takes up a big slug of a stand.

The managers job has become harder in proportion to those changes. When there was just a number 12, they were basically there to cover an injury. No great opportunity for a mass tactical switch up so once theyā€™d picked their 11 plus 1 the job was virtually done and it was over to the players. Now, the variables and options are virtually infinite. From minute one until minute 100 they will be working through those options and we will criticise or laud the choices they make in that time.

Of course, the bigger the resource of the club the more attractive those options become and the bigger impact your choices can make. Itā€™s nearly like the increase in substitutes is all to add another bit of advantage to bigger/richer clubs.

Anyway, back on topic. 1-1 today in front of 4,672 (369)

2 Likes

Just watched the pre-match videos on the clubs YouTube channel. Seems like weā€™ve invested in a new camera looking - picture seems much better quality to me.

Flynn also said that Pyrzbek is still injured. I really donā€™t like us going into games without a sub goalie. Hope this situation gets sorted soon.

Sounds like the Wombles are bringing a smaller than usual gate, I suppose the rail strikes donā€™t help.

Donā€™t forget the train strikes folks, another weekend ruined for many!

Oh come on @Mazza01 the drivers need some spare time to pop down to their second homeā€™s for the weekend

1 Like

Where is this railway club that everyone drinks on before the game

Go down Bescot Cresent as if your driving away from the ground towards the main traffic lights after McDonalds is to your right.When you reach those traffic lights go straight over them.Keep driving down there until you reach the small lsland turn left and itā€™s literally immediately on your left after that turn.

Sports Club, Wednesbury Rd, Walsall WS1 4JG

Cheers mate

We need someone to step up today and claim the goal scorer mantle from DJ ahead of our trip to Mansfield next week where we cant play him.

1 Like

MF picks exactly the same starting XI and bench as Tuesday night. His tombola machine must be broken. :grin:

3 Likes

In fairness, heā€™s been searching for a winning formula.

Regarding a centre forward stepping up against Mansfield, I hope that Knowles gets 25 minutes today, to prove what he can do.

And then thereā€™s Timmy. He needs to do some soul searching because after Swindon, I expected much much moreā€¦

Iā€™m looking forward to this match with the typical optimism of every Walsall fan who hasnā€™t actually been and seen the standard of football served over the last few weeks.
How long will my optimism last I wonder?

1 Like

Beer in glasses again today.
Bar staff said itā€™s a trial if fans behave they will continue with glass rather than plastic.
So behave people! :smiley:

1 Like

Glass again hate plastic well done walsall

1 Like