W 4-0 vs Hartlepool United (H) - League Two - Sat 30th July, 3pm

@Worsul4eva thats as near to a positive post I think I’ve seen you do on here mate :joy: :+1:

I can’t wait for the new season to start , really looking forward to seeing a whole new team and the optimism that’s generated .

Would still like to see another new striker on a permanent this week and then just hope the team click from the start , and we get stronger as players return from injuries .

Got to go for a home win 2 - 0 with a great atmosphere ( with a good sized attendance ) at the Poundland .

81% predicting a Walsall win. Surprised at that m8. Can’t see where the optimism comes from. New signings hardly inspiring… Plus think our home record v Hartlepool is very good in recent years, so their due a result. :+1:

A comfortable saddlers victory here with a nice new fresh season starting in front of a good crowd I can see a………6-0 win Williams and Johnson Hat tricks.

Lump on??? :thinking:

1 Like

They haven’t won at ours since 2008

Other than the 5-2 game (Ledesma) and last seasons 3-1. I can’t recall much about these games.

Comfortable home win to start the promotion season off. 4-0 to the New Saddlers!:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

If I am thinking of the right game, I think we were 2-0 up in the 3-2 defeat in 2008.

1 Like

You haven’t taken your medication again, have you .

I think so, 2-0 up and lost, but we paid them back a few years later of course.
The 4-1 win in 1995 was a Tuesday night game (rearranged?) and they had a young attacker called Stephen Halliday. He was very impressive and I thought he had a big future ahead of him but he didn’t do a lot. Houghton grabbed a couple that night, MOC got one and the other…? I forget but the odds are it was Kev or Kyle I suppose. :laughing:
Dean Holden scored against them (his only goal for us?) which by a process of elimination must have been the 1-1 in 2012. It was a tap in at our end after the keeper or a defender didn’t clear it.
We scored a boster when Merson was in charge, I think it was the 2-1 in Dec 2004, Merse swept a first time pass for Leitao to run onto and he lobbed the keeper from 20 yards or so, again down our end, a really memorable goal.
Was the game up there in April 2005 the one where Joachim tore them to shreds?

I see we played them in Feb and won 3-1. I was there but have no memory at all of it. Ho hum.

I have actually if I hadn’t have taken my bipolar meds we’d have been losing 18-0.

I do actually take medication by the way just in case folk think I’m taking the pee.

1 Like

Really looking forward to Saturday, love an opening game at home and our record isn’t too bad either for opening games including winning 4 out of our last 5 opening home games.

Opening game record since 2000 if you like your stats:

Total
P22 W12 D4 L6

Home
P14 W8 D2 L4

Away
P8 W4 D2 L2

Nailed on home win LUMP ON!

1 Like

2 nil to Walsall. Clarke and Williams with a veteran double hit.

Looking forward to a thread about Osadebe if he scores for Bradford about how it was mad to let him leave because he was the bestest player ever, like MacDonald was before him. And the Holden watch thread.

4 Likes

Especially because he should have been in the Prem.

1 Like

Most of us Walsall fans are scoob …

1 Like

:smiley: that’s very true.Railway next week then mate start the season as we mean to go on?

1 Like

But of cause …

P.S we’ll be sorting some more away games too if you’re up for it

1 Like

Still time for Juventus to pick him up

2 Likes

Imminent mark my words …