W 6-1 vs Grimsby Town (A) - League Two - Mon 1st Jan, 3pm

There’s a good chance Grimsby won’t turn up tomorrow night.

3 Likes

I think that you should send your butler and his assistant up there to offer all our fans a warming glass of port at the turnstile.

Forecast is not too bad between 3 and 5 for this time of the year. 7 degrees, dry with a fair breeze.

I’ve gone for a draw, we are capable of the win but after two hard games and changes needed due to injuries, I’m not sure we can.
On a plus point I have never seen us win in cleethorpes and due to a planned hangover I m not traveling so we have a chance

That’ll be nice change in the wolds. It pissed it down whilst blowing a gale, again, last night.
I will try to travel the 20 miles to the game tomorrow, but it’s unlikely that I’ll be able to drive. Last time at the pub New Year bash, free in but regulars by invite only, we left early at 2AM, apparently the party went on 'til 4 :partying_face:

4 is still early for us😁

1 Like

They’ll all be up in the Scottish Highlands after croddy has treated all his staff to the annual booze soaked Hogmanay celebrations, he looks after his staff.

1 Like

Yes. It would be a lot to start him 2 games in succession, however well he played v wrexham

1 Like

No way will Crod take his staff to the highlands for a bash, I have it on good authority that he has hired the under Croft for his staff knees up, bedecked in his coat of arms bunting and enlarged posters of DJT adorning the walls, everyone will be expected to arrive at their designated table seats at least 20 minutes before the bash commences, Everton Andy will be door security just in case a large travelling gate try to gate crash the event.

3 Likes

Sorely tempted to use this to get there but sadly it appears that I’m 54 years too late.

6 Likes

Last departure from Grimsby is during the 2nd half too.

Thought I’d kip down on Cleethorpes beach & get the 8.15 am back.

2 Likes

Every time we go there, it is pouring down with rain and freezing cold. Anyone know if the fish and chip shop will be open?

We stayed over in Cleethorpes when we last played there in March (nice apartment at a reasonable price). We weren’t the only Saddlers doing that either as we met some others out and about later. Pity it was out of season …

1 Like

Yes I’m sure a number of people do that. Strangely never got as far as the Cleethorpes beach

It’s not too far to walk to the beach from the ground but whether anywhere will be open is questionable.

2 Likes

Providing you don’t blow a valve

1 Like

We need to rest and manage players properly after the Wrexham game
A lot of the players will be seriously bruised and knackered after that and will undoubtedly have felt it when the adrenaline ran out
Daniels priest Gordon knowles all the team really that started all took a beating wether through running with the ball or flinging themselves where it hurts
Comley must be covered in bruises with the physical battle against opponents twice his size
Earing has to be rested for obvious reasons

Will be a least 15 years before we can play like that again according to the stats​:joy::joy::wink:

1 Like

3 Likes