Walsall at the World Cup

Have there ever been any players registered at Walsall whilst taking part in the World Cup?

I can’t think of any, only ex-players who went to the World Cup e.g. Allan Clarke, Mark Paston or players who signed for us after playing in the World Cup e.g. Fitzroy Simpson, Paul Hall.

At the current World Cup I can’t think of any ex-players playing but Roberto Martinez is managing Belgium.

Away from the World Cup, David Kelly, was in the Eire squad whilst registered with us (just before signing for West Ham) in the 1988 Euro Championship and Charlie Ntamark won the 1988 African Championship with Cameroon, but didn’t sign for us until 1990.

There were none up to the time we left Fellows Park @TheGilbertAlsop and indeed up to that point there had only been 10 players at full international level capped whilst associated with Saddlers.

Clayton Ince was in the trinidad and tobago squad in 2006. Didn’t he transfer to us that summer?

Indeed he did yeah from Coventry as he wanted first team action. I believe Shaka Hislop of West Ham was no 1 during the tournament?

Didn’t Ntamark try to convince Roger Milla to play for us? :joy:

Carl Robinson is a pundit for Canadian TV apparently, does that count?

Scott Ollernshaw was a pundit for Malaysian TV during the last World Cup.
Still looking for a player though as Clayton Ince signed for us after the World Cup.