Walsall FC - Cup Final

If we were to win tonight which is by no means certain it would be very interesting to see what sort of teams Walsall and Rushall would field in the final.
Walsall’s youth team would be no match for a full strength Rushall team.
Would we go full strength in the hope of winning something?

1 Like

Our friends on Walsall Fans TV said that Maher, Perry and possibly Willock will be playing tonight. I’ve contemplated going but have decided to watch the Arsenal match instead.

For that to happen, Walsall would have field a very strong team tonight as to play in the Final you must have played in a previous round.

I don’t think they are I think we are playing the youth team.
So that’s the end of that then , pity could have been interesting.

Perry and Maher playing tonight

1 Like

Taylor Allen there too. Slightly surprised that he’s disappeared off the radar in recent weeks.

I think that next season, we need to have a look at a 442 (especially at home) with proper wingers and proper full backs.

That way, Jama + New CF (DJ?) might get some decent service.

On a positive, Oisin might work in a central 2 and Comley has improved of late.

Walsall 1 - 0 Heath Hayes (Maher, 5mins)

1 Like

Dylan Thomas? We need him to rage, rage against the dying of the light.

3 Likes

Still no sign of Jonas Mukuna?

2 Likes

1-1

78 minutes

2-1

Maher again!

1 Like

Deserves a start saturday

I can’t see him starting on Saturday

We don’t play until Monday :smirk:

5 Likes

Oops

Oh come on :joy::joy::joy:

Heath Hayes are Step 6!!! They’ve got to get 4 promotions to get to the league Rushall have just been promoted out of!!!

You barely get given a linesman each Saturday!!

1 Like

Hes the only decent youth player we have,he looked good earlier in season and pre season
What have we got to losee-another game!

1 Like

No disrespect meant but this is the main stand for Heath……it’s just a visual of the level they play at…

My point is, I’d be shocked stunned and flabbergasted if Walsalls kids struggled to beat a side of that level, so for Maher it should be an enjoyable night of almost showing off !!! Having plenty of ball and showing what he can do.

It’s in no way a measure of whether he’s anywhere near league two level.

He could go out on loan 3 leagues above them and then he’d be stretched and tested a little in the Southern Prem Central.

1 Like

How did Sam Perry do ?

Dylan Thomas was poetry in motion.

4 Likes