Walsall FC - Cup Final

I’ve heard Chasetown have been kicked out of the Staffs Senior Cup for fielding an eligible player in the semi final against us.
If true does this mean we reach the final we’ve sacked MF and Matt Saddler has us in a cup final, not quiet Wembley though.

2 Likes

The walsall senior cup. I assume so, v rushall isn’t it? At Burton?

1 Like

Yep I believe so

1 Like

Blimey, that’s harsh.

6 Likes

Walsall were kicked out for fielding several pretending to be football players

9 Likes

Have we finally bottomed out and are on the up if we win this?

2 Likes

Didn’t we play Chasetown because Tividale fielded an ineligible player against us previously? Lost both matches, but end up in a final (albeit Staffs Senior Cup) but a final non the less.

2 Likes

Good chance to put Rushall in their box and win a cup

This is how low we’ve fallen :joy:

10 Likes

More likely we’ll lose then those fans who’ve already jumped ship to Rushall will be saying “I told you so!” even more. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

:musical_note: Senior Cup Winners without winning a game since the group stages, you’ll never sing that :notes:

No disrespect to Tividale or Chasetown but if our youth team can’t beat them the chances of beating a full strength Rushall team are slight.

This cup is a seriously big event…in 1881

I’ve heard Rushall are planning to field an ineligible player…

1 Like

It is the Walsall Senior Cup (a Staffordshire FA competition) from which Chasetown have been expelled. They have admitted fielding a cup-tied player in both the quarter-final (v. Heath Hayes) and semi-final (v. Walsall - who had themselves been granted a walk-over when Tividale committed the same offence!). The fairest solution would be for Walsall to play Heath Hayes in a rapidly organised semi-final. The winners would then play Rushall Olympic in the Final at Burton Albion’s Pirelli Stadium on May 9th.

2 Likes

Will we be selling a large framed photograph of the occasion in the club shop to commemorate the day?

6 Likes

Only if there’s advertising on it…

2 Likes

Lol, Sam Manton to score the winner.

That’s what’s happening this very evening - x.com

BTW If we lose, could this be the first time a team has been knocked out of the same cup 3 times? :joy:

2 Likes