Walsall Fc Ladies

Have seen a few things on social media regarding the ladies team the first team appear to have walked out? Anybody know whats happened as it was very encouraging seeing the ladies section flourishing.

Heard from a mate who tweets (I don’t) that five got fired and the rest walked. Would be nice to know the story there…

A workmates of mine plays in the same league, one of the ex Walsall players has posted a letter from the club blaming the departure of the manager, over due player subs and a lack of training by the team. Apparently they were second in the league when they folded.

Murkier and murkier…

I thought it had gone a bit quiet…

I’m saying nothing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Lets face it,it is a very expensive thing running any football team.But I can imagine Walsall have said something like “well you can start a women’s team under our name,but don’t expect us to help in any way”. If you’re going to seriously start a women’s team,you need to back it or not bother, Yeovil Town (not what you’d call a rich club),have managed to get a womens team up and running,and they play to a decent standard.

2 Likes

:thinking:

:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Decent standard and Walsall doesn’t go hand in hand does it? Ambition and promise isn’t allowed for us Walsall fans whether that’s the women or men.

I was shocked to hear that it had its own chairman. The sad fact is they’re probably better off without us anyway with our mentality of being half arsed in everything it does.

That is a shame. The womens game is on the up. Standard is getting better by the season. Hope ours get sorted asap.

Another depressing tale relating to the club I love

1 Like

I’m sure Walsall FC will be the first to claim responsibility,if,against all the odds,and offering no help at all to the women’s football team,the women manage to achieve promotion to one of the national leagues.Maybe ISSA and UTS etc can do some sort of fundraising for the women’s team.

Well to be honest,that’s the absolute least they should do,how is it that they charge you for the honour of playing for them,and with all the coaches at the club,you shouldn’t go 7 weeks without training.

I didn’t think you did get paid,what I’m saying is you shouldn’t have to pay for the honour of representing WFC either,surely the club should at least have some money raising events to help you out.

1 Like

The women could help themselves by charging admission for a start … even at £2 per head, it would be a start towards an income stream. The average home attendance is around 30. A bit more promotion of the team’s activities would be a good idea, too.

2 Likes

I must admit I do find it staggering that if the club want the Ladies team to play under their umbrella then they should be doing more than just throwing in some kits. Asking people to pay subs is a bit extreme considering the club could probably get Rushall pitch for nothing. Then as Pedagogue said they should charge people to watch them - which would then cover the subs, to stop this happening again.

1 Like

I have a little girl of pre-school age, as does a friend and fellow supporter. They’re both a bit young at the moment, but I have been contemplating taking her/them to watch the WFC ladies team for a while now- and regularly, if she gets into it- as an introduction to sport, a litmus test for how she might get on with football, and as exposure to ladies doing positive things, given that there still a lot of archaic attitudes out there that she will have to encounter at some point.

We’d be more than willing to pay for that. In fact, I hadn’t even contemplated not having to. However niche at present, there is a market out there, if sufficient levels of awareness can be raised.

3 Likes

Issa are more than willing to be part of trying to help if possible. , will speak with fellow comitee members this weekend and see what we can do,
Maybe a joint effort between Issa. The trust and other fan groups to try and help out.

1 Like

Will dig out a piece of memrobillia or a signed shirt see if we can raise them a few quid via an auction

2 Likes