Walsall Football Club - So Many Issues

He said he scored 4

1 Like

Callum played too and said it was a great experience, assume you are a homeserve employee or colleague?

1 Like

What did Homeserve Howard say about the performance?

2 Likes

Correct, I work in the Marketing team

1 Like

Callum works in F,R&C he’s quite rotund.

Any chance of a discount on my annual plumbing and drainage cover charge? :smirk:

1 Like

I wanted a signed shirt personally.

1 Like

No fans forum is forthcoming then it would seem.

DB then asked for an update regarding another fans’ forum meeting, as this is something that LP stated would take place in a previous Working Party Meeting and asked why this hasn’t been delivered. GW said that in accordance with the customer charter the club has to hold a minimum of two forum meetings. GW said that we held a forum in August 2021 and also in November as well as our regular Working Party meetings and Chairman’s updates. GW said there will be another fans forum meeting taking place in the coming months. DB asked if this would take place before the start of the 22/23 season and GW reiterated that the club are looking at its communications plan and therefore a date hasn’t yet been finalised. DB then said that with us now embarking on our fourth season in Sky Bet League Two should the Chairman have already had this meeting, as he said that a number of supporters would like communication face-to-face. GW reiterated that this is one of the reasons for reviewing the current communications plans and that further fans forum meetings will take place, as this is something LP wants to do.

They’re probably crossing everything that the start of the season is more positive than others before finalising a date.

1 Like

Pomlett doesn’t want to be asked question about Fullarton and this seasons disaster. It’s obvious.

Alarm bells.

4 Likes

You know what the most telling thing about that extract is.

The customer charter states that a minimum of two forums are held (I assume per season), and one was held in August and one in November so :white_check_mark:.

Thing is this a MINIMUM, yet this is Walsall FC where doing the minimum is often the benchmark for a good performance. This approach probably makes the following extract from the minutes even more frightening.

Whilst there are a number of reasons for the lack of success this season, the club is not in the business of apportioning blame to any specific individuals or departments and thus no further comments on this matter was made.

5 Likes

Unless the apportion of blame is aimed at the fans.

2 Likes

Fair play to @Dhforever for asking challenging questions, even if he didn’t get any satisfactory answers.

9 Likes

Gotta laugh ain’t ya. All the SLO does is say he’ll get back to you & rarely does.

2 Likes

" I’ll get back to you about whether I’m allowed to get back to you on that."

4 Likes

Doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over again. Gone all in on MF to perform a miracle haven’t we.

1 Like

They need to start having an action log for this meeting so they can keep track of what is outstanding.

“GW is hopeful that supporters have started to notice some changes in the recent weeks/months” - why not, for the purpose of the minutes explain what those changes are? I assume the Punjabi Grill guys and the half-arsed excuse for a fan zone.

Also what happened to that membership scheme that the SLO was working on? You’d think they’d welcome the views of the supporters groups on that.

4 Likes

There’s so much absolute bollocks in that.

“GW touched upon the recent update via camera from Chairman Leigh Pomlett (LP) and hoped that this was beneficial to supporters as the season reached its conclusion.”

Absolutely f***ing not.

“ GW then looked ahead to the future and stated that we have an excellent team of management staff who have already begun plans for the 2022/23 campaign, with signings expected to follow over the course of the summer.”

Groundhog Day

“ Whilst there are a number of reasons for the lack of success this season, the club is not in the business of apportioning blame to any specific individuals or departments and thus no further comments on this matter was made.”

How about listing some of them?

“ GW said that the staff at the club are working alongside the Fan Experience Company and combining our expertise together.”

Really? Was it the Fan Experience Company that decided to put two bar maids on at half time in the lower for the biggest attendance of the season, a queue so long I missed the last five of the first half and the first ten of the second? Not that I missed much

“ GW said that the arrangements between Poundland, Banks’s and HomeServe are entirely confidential and thus the club will not make comment on this, in the best interests of all concerned.”

That wasn’t the question. A simple yes or no would have sufficed without giving any confidential information away whatsoever.

Won’t copy all the stuff from the fan forum, because, obviously that’s a total snaking out of a commitment they made in the last one of these.

“ The Zoom meeting closed at 13:35.”

The lazy bastards couldn’t even be arsed to attend a zoom meeting.

But hey, I’ll await the “I don’t know what you are moaning about” posts …

4 Likes

Why is there so much secrecy around season ticket sales??

Makes no sense to me.

1 Like

Pombear is on Walsal Fans TV tomorrow night :grin:

3 Likes

Dodging every difficult question probably.

Maybe he hoping his invite for the final game of the season to the 1888 club will dispell any awkward questions?

1 Like