Walsall Football Club - So Many Issues

This has just made me realise that in March this season I will have been a Saddler for 20 years :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Honestly mate, contact them and propose this.

I’m going to email them too on Monday, and propose that us and others can help them understand what they’re doing wrong, and what they could do better from a management/marketing/experience perspective - and (importantly) that they have tons of free resources they can tap in to help.

If we stay silent, nothing will change. If we kick up a fuss, something might change. Though, I’m not holding my breath.

3 Likes

Pppllleeaaassseeeeeeeee.

When it comes to the SLO I’m also concerned when I see stuff like this posted in response to people being asked on social media to make their feelings known to him:

How can you have a representative of the fans who is seemingly deciding personally whether he passes on your feedback or not?

6 Likes

I’d like to raise Aswell that we should vote our fans board rep In. I don’t want this graham guy as I believe his just there to please the fans and not actually say what needs to be said and fight our corner.
Voting someone like rob in is exactly what the club need as wouldn’t be scared to say what needs to be said.
Need more pressure on the board who just hide away when it gets tough

2 Likes

Cut out the middle man and email Mole directly.

Who is the stadium manager ?

Do we have one any more ?

This is a worrying issue, aside from the awful customer service - how much potential profit has the club lost today and in the days leading to the game because of mismanagement, poor communication and half measures?

Yes there are mitigating circumstances, but Pomlett talked openly during lockdown about how critical ticket sales and matchday revenue was to the club. To be unprepared to maximise income in a week where we have three home matches and returning fans is ridiculous.

2 Likes

Says on Twitter our SLO has a debrief 9am Monday regarding complaints about match day experience.

I really dont think we have and if we do he is probably a former bean counter without a clue what customers expect in respect of service, organisation and working facilities

I’ve already e-mailed Mole about the shambles today. I hope he gets hundreds of them.

2 Likes

If we’re going to cut people out that would include Mole and it would go to Pomlett.

I suspect that a lot of complaints only go so far up and then are “filed” in the rubbish basket and mostly hidden from those above.

I’ve seen it in many companies I’ve worked where middle management is too spineless to fix issues so they let the staff at the sharp end below them take all the stick whilst making out everything is fine to the bosses above them.

There isn’t one listed on the club website. Explains a lot.

Anyone know Pomlett’s email?

I’ve actually tried to guess at it before, but no luck.

I don’t trust the SLO, and you’re right to pour scorn on the middle management people.

How else do we get all this to Pomlett? His Son is on twitter ?

Quick note: Aware there is a personal email address for LP that did the rounds previously. Please don’t share it on UTS under any circumstances. Ta.

4 Likes

Maybe a pre season away game? As apparently he was telling some on here all the details of our transfer business the other week :rofl:

1 Like

The SLO is just a token gesture that is now meant to be seen as fan representation on the board. Appointed by the bloody club with no input from the fans.

Same old nonsense - they used to promote Nigel Bond as being a fan on the board - when did you last hear anything from him? And we all know that fans have tried to invest and get on board, only to be turned away.

Rotten from top to bottom.

5 Likes

Went to the game today hoping to witness a Phoenix rising from the ashes, Jesus Christ we were embarrassing on and off the pitch, nothing changes. I’ve supported this club since a young lad and during this timeframe I’ve experienced joy, despair, anger and hope!! Over the last 10 yrs or so I have fell out of love for my club mainly due to lack of ambition, disregard for the paying customer, a No 1 fan milking the club for his own personal wealth, shocking facilities and a board of yes men that are more concerned with their own status than that of the club. I sent an email to the slo some time ago stating the club was amateur in everything but name, they can’t do basics i.e serve food and drink, and get fans through the doors in a reasonable time, it’s shocking and it continues for Christ sake. I’ve been a constant stick that beats Gamble and Mole , these two idiots occupy senior positions in this club and during their stewardship we have regressed alarmingly, they are not fit for purpose!!! Pomlett cannot be a successful businessman as anyone with an ounce of business acumen would have shown these two clowns the door years ago, wake up Pomlett. Going back to the game today we were truly shocking, embarrassing we got beat up by a village team!! I fear we are in for a torrid time at the wrong end of the table, the players lost belief and faith as soon as the 1st goal went in, I actually left with 15 minutes to go and I won’t return whilst this fiasco continues, Matt Taylor talks well but I fear we have someone who really is out of his depth, I sincerely hope I’m wrong, prove me wrong Pomlett do something positive and rid this club of the spineless idiots who control it before it’s too late.

8 Likes

Someone’s photo of their ‘sausage roll’ at the game today

Shambles.

4 Likes

Can just about make out the shape of ‘HMS Piss the League’.

7 Likes