Walsall Match of My Life

Currently reading this newly-published book by Simon Turner (no, not Sheff!)

It contains the biggest WFC matches in the lives of 16 ex-Saddlers players, ranging from Allan Clarke to Adam Chambers, plus a little reflection on each of their spells at the club.

It’s a good read for any Saddlers fans. I hope he is working on a second volume, including Jimmy Walker, Fred Barber, Roy McDonough, Chris Marsh, even Paul Merson! I know that some of those have already published their books but it would make great reading!

3 Likes

Walsall Match of My Life: Saddlers Legends Relive Their Greatest Games https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1785316451/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_YngmFbTRN7S3Q

I know Simon well …his articles in the programme last season were an excellent read. If this book is of a similar standard it will be a cracker. I intend buying one as soon as possible.

1 Like

Looking forward to this !

1 Like

Hope we get contributions from Johnny Brain, Joe Broad and Jon Guthrie.

2 Likes

And Krystian Bielik?

1 Like

My copy arrived today and having the the first 3 contributions I have to say it is a really good read. I would recommend it to all fans of Walsall FC . I am somewhat biased as I know the author well as his dad and I were friends at school and we have sat side by side at Bescot since it opened!!!

2 Likes