Walsall Match of My Life

Currently reading this newly-published book by Simon Turner (no, not Sheff!)

It contains the biggest WFC matches in the lives of 16 ex-Saddlers players, ranging from Allan Clarke to Adam Chambers, plus a little reflection on each of their spells at the club.

It’s a good read for any Saddlers fans. I hope he is working on a second volume, including Jimmy Walker, Fred Barber, Roy McDonough, Chris Marsh, even Paul Merson! I know that some of those have already published their books but it would make great reading!

4 Likes

Walsall Match of My Life: Saddlers Legends Relive Their Greatest Games Amazon.co.uk

I know Simon well …his articles in the programme last season were an excellent read. If this book is of a similar standard it will be a cracker. I intend buying one as soon as possible.

1 Like

Looking forward to this !

1 Like

Hope we get contributions from Johnny Brain, Joe Broad and Jon Guthrie.

2 Likes

And Krystian Bielik?

1 Like

My copy arrived today and having the the first 3 contributions I have to say it is a really good read. I would recommend it to all fans of Walsall FC . I am somewhat biased as I know the author well as his dad and I were friends at school and we have sat side by side at Bescot since it opened!!!

3 Likes

Missed this thread. Stumbled upon this book looking at Mart O’Connor’s twitter so will certainly be getting it for xmas.

I didn’t know about it either? Just had it delivered to my kindle

1 Like

Excellent book.
Buy it from Hive.co.uk, support UK bookshops and feel good about yourself for stopping habitually giving cash to a bunch of US tax-dodgers.
It’s £12.25 on both sites.

3 Likes

I saw this in Waterstones a few weeks back while out browsing, i was shocked it was 21.99.

find me a book worth that :rofl:

I have read it all now…some great contributions from some of our best players. A good present for any Walsall fan.

3 Likes