What happened to the Rico Henry Money

3 Likes

I’m guessing you can look at Brentford’s accounts on company’s house.Does it show up on theirs?

3 Likes

Pomlett has done a massive human shaped turd on that picture.

1 Like

Because any big organisation takes on yes men and tick box appointments rather than taking on someone that would genuinely care about the role because they don’t care what people want, the yes men won’t ever question the decisions made and are usually there to get free handouts.

2 Likes

There won’t be mention of individual clubs but I guess it’s included in these figures?

5 Likes

I’d say absolutely.

1 Like

To be honest as sad as that may sound it’s probably very true. I guess there’s always yes men like Whittaker about.

Theres probably a puppet of Graham Whittaker like this in the club as well.

1 Like

I posted a number of times on this, during the transfer of ownership from Boner to Pomlett.
To my mind, future payments would have likely been part of the deal.
When we sold the company that I was MD of, the buyer insisted that a number of potential / pending / future liabilities were covered and that they were indemnified. I always thought that Boner would build into the sale any potential sell on clauses agreed on his watch, either up front in the sale price, or payments afterwards when they occurred.

5 Likes

It’s down the back of Bonsers sofa in his volcano lair in Cypus

1 Like

Really important thread this. I’ve thought twice about contributing to it because any thread I contribute to soon gets filed under “lizards, pyramids and other conspiracy theories” by a core of well to do and well travelled “super mutual likers”, the UTS smarmy army. Made up of no-doubtedly great people in “real life”, that I would love to share a beer with, but as with all manner of proveable bullshit eg covid, and further eg …these takeovers…there comes a point where the boil needs lancing.

For example, and its not just me its other posters eg Funk.

Well you need to switch on and get in my world Belphie, and you need to start paying attention to the shit that’s going on at your beloved football club rather than slagging off your fellow fans who maybe know a bit more than you do.

My piss boils, and my teeth fecking grind when people accuse me of slagging Walsall FC off as was the case last week on here. Outside of my family, there is no bigger love in my life than Walsall FC - I am Walsall FC to the bone, and like others I post on here and take pelters because I won’t break confidences and spew what I know on the pages of UTS regarding the charlatans that inhabit WS1 and their bullshit.

I admire the useless gullible efforts of @Thanatos and his emails to the SLO :rofl: When it comes to Walsall FC what a loveable gonk he really is, a good young man with his heart in the right place, wasting his time and being laughed at…but that’s the stage he’s at in his mental/Walsall FC development and its brilliant…fair play to him. Others like myself are a bit more down the road.

Fair play, my position to a tee also. Ultimately the club is inanimate, its lifeblood is its history and its fanbase, they are what ignite its heartbeat. Incumbants of the “ownership” are custodians of a community asset. The old school understood this dynamic, that’s how we ended up with Fellows Park, a home that not only embodied the spirit and aspirations of a football club, but was also the arena where ownership/custodianship of the town’s football club met with the patrons and supporters every home game.

Bescot stadium, is the arena where the supporters and patrons meet with Jeff Bonser’s slight of hand, his well executed and pre-concieved plan to make himeslf a muti-millionaire at the expense of Walsall FC. How any Walsall fan, now in posession of the facts that we are now understand can mitigate any of Bonser’s board STILL being in position, and not question the road to Trivala’s ownership is beyond me. You don’t have to be the UTS gobby conspiracy theorist to work this one out, two neurons and a double AA should do it.

9 Likes

I’m sure the tone and content of that post will win every one of your critics over :joy:

8 Likes

Well at the end of the day…***** the lot of em :joy:

No, absolutely I don’t want to be in your world Geordie. A world of suspicion and distrust. A world of paranoia. You cast your opinions as though they are facts, and you disrespect anyone that has a different opinion to you, normally with condescending, passive aggressive insults. That’s why you get the shit you get in response.
Try debating with a bit of humility and a respect for others’ views and you might be surprised at the responses you get.

Oh, and I’d be interested to know where I sl*g off my fellow fans?

16 Likes

Any transfer funds received, whether Bonser had agreed a shady deal to forward them on to him, would need to appear in the accounts, otherwise it’s fraud. At the end of the day, it’s income, and any profit garnered from that income is taxable as Walsall FC are a registered company.

I think the £3m figure is plausible, but it may well be being paid in installments, some of which may have already appeared in the accounts, and also may explain why the club was willing to shoulder a loss of £700k from the pandemic.

7 Likes

I’m on the middle ground with this one. Seeing both sides.

Folks have rightly pointed out nothing underhand can happen - income is income and it goes through the books.

How it’s managed on the other hand like @geordiesaddler said is massive. And @Belphegor talking about sweeteners for deals he made absolutely bang on this stuff happens ! But not shocked, he leeched off us for decades. He’s no fool. I reckon he’ll benefit from add ons.

Either way, what’s done is done none of us posting will change this. The deals have been done and the money is in or out the club

What’s massive is seeing Trivella structure and staff the club as they see fit. Not changing the captain of the ship but keeping all the same staff.

1 Like

I’ve said from the moment he was sold, that we’d never see a penny of the transfer on the pitch & that remains the case. Whether it’s found it’s way to Cyprus, Trivela or Pombears pension who knows, we’ll never know, but you can ask the SLO.

This season we had record season ticket sales and the best commercial deal in our history according to the Pom; yet am not sure we’ve seen that on the pitch.

Bottom line is, do you really trust the board of Walsall FC? The same board that has been in place for decades and worked together year after year under Bonser. I don’t & never will.

Bottom line is no-one in the real world buys a failing club or business and makes zero changes to the senior leadership. So you have to ask yourself why that neither Pombear or Trivela have done so? I mean the club has been screaming for new ideas, impetuous, direction for 15 years at least.

Bottom line is Pombear or Trivela really wanted success on the pitch, they would have brought in new talent off it & they haven’t. Just tired suits looking after tired suits.

it’s getting really boring now.

10 Likes

Im the last person here who’ll defend Pomlett but think it’s fair to say

Matt Taylor
Mike Flynn
Connor Wilkinson
Joss Ladabie
Danny Johnson
Joe Riley
Manny Monthe
Jammile Matt
Knowles Transfer Fee
Danovan Daniels

Will have been be at the upper end of the L2 pay scale. Wether these were wise investments ? Mostly no ! Certainly not as a co-ordinated recruitment strategy

I think there has been an upturn in money made available since Geoff / After Rico … just been wasted. Carlisle gaffer Simpson said we’d had a good go he can’t see where it’s wrong.

8 Likes

Of your three bottom lines I’d go:-

• No
  • It depends
  • I agree

The second one is interesting because you drew an inference that the success of club and business is synonymous. If the business is defined as the P and L or balance sheet then WFC is relatively successful and within its sector virtually market leading. If the club is defined as the fortunes of the football team then it is in the grip of a decline teetering on what could be the lowest ebb in its 135 year history.

It might just be that the thing us lot care about the most isn’t the same thing that the current board care about the most. Ergo the football team is a failure but it’s OK because the business is a relative success.

5 Likes

Good points PT. I guess it depends on what the organisations objectives are, which of course there are multiple in any sector. Whatever ours are, it’s getting very boring now.

1 Like