What is Walsall FCs worst ever season

You must be great fun at parties Andy petterson.

Choosing between two seasons of our 130+ year history to be the very worst is the most depressing thing I’ve seen, and I have been on meds because of depression for 3 years. Is this what we as a fanbase have been forced to become?

2 Likes

Yep. Having to ask the question is strangely more depressing than either answer.

I don’t think you will win over many on this. The evolution of the English football pyramid is a splendid thing. Despite the logic to your case, our collective understanding of the pyramid is that finishing bottom of the third tier of the pyramid is a better finish than 18th in the fourth tier of the pyramid.

And there was a fourth tier back then. Think it consisted of the midland league, southern league and the northern premier league.

So think of that pyramid in the 50’s. The top two layers consisting of bricks standing on top of each other and then the third layer represented by two bricks and the fourth by three and so on down the pyramid. Now, the top five bricks stand vertically and towards the bottom of the fourth brick is lower down and beneath more bricks in this evolved pyramid than being right at the bottom of one of the two bricks in the third layer in a previous iteration.

In sport, lower tends to equal worse. We are lower and therefore logically worse. Our position in the pyramid never been so low. We’ve never had the aggregated number of levels and teams above us. Which must make it the worst.

1 Like

Yes, but that’s the false equivalence isn’t it, the third tier then is not the same as the third tier now. If there were 68 teams back in 52/53, there’d be no debate, but there weren’t, there were 92, just like now, it’s just the ranking of those 92 isn’t as transparent as it is now.

But if you weigh up the evidence the 52/53 is far worse, on every measure.

Anyway, enough from me on this. Enough have voted 52/53 to convince me the 2020/21 that is in no way ‘officially’ our worst ever season.

I don’t get invited to parties so the joke’s on you

7 Likes

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: so 82% of the voters haven’t voted for the option you set the poll up for, yet you’re going with it being correct because you say so.

In fact, over half of those that voted have gone for this season. Did you demand a recount on the Brexit poll too?

3 Likes

I set up the poll for a bit of levity, You can be correct and be in the minority you know.

Let’s not start on Brexit. Although I’d politely point out Walsall’s best seasons have been when we were in the EU :rofl:

4 Likes

This one.

2 Likes

Come Brian, just admit you’ve managed us to our worst finish.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::rofl:

I was crying :joy: :joy: :joy:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You think we’ve got issues, Derby County have some serious problems.
Player wages are costing the owner 1.2 million pounds per week, the owner is desperate to sell the club and who can blame him.
They’ve lost six in a row and have a crucial game on Saturday to avoid relegation to L1. Welcome to management Wayne Rooney!
Overspending, trying to get promotion has costs clubs around the country dearly.
!.2 million a week and we complain about our rent!

Difference being that’s just bad management. We however never reinvest any profits into the squad it disappears and why shouldn’t it? :roll_eyes:. Nobody asking for miracles just a bit of ambition. Get the rent paid and earn a profit of 25k each year and it’s mission accomplished and just be grateful you have a club that’s the mentality here.