What’s our best team?

I think Geordie means he’s a loan player and he’d rather see CCM get more chances or Jules go back to play there. That’s all as seems in his limited appearances Pring has looked o.k and clearly has some talent.

Yeah I’d keep Rose in goal, he ain’t done too bad at all.

Defensively I’d go Clarke, Scarr (maybe another cb in January) Jules and Pring

If Guthrie is fit (which is about an hour a month) then he has to start.

A midfield three of Guthrie, Bates and Sinclair has to be the best option we have in midfield.

Then a forward three of McDonald, Lavery and Hardy. Hardy on the right and drifting into the middle like he did against Darlington.

Pring isn’t any better defensively than either Jules or CCM. If (and that’s a very big IF) we are going to at least partly evolve our way out of this shambles to a better place, at whatever arbitary point in the future, it has to be using and developing our own young players not other people’s. At the moment we are routinely starting four loan players ahead of them, and only Rose has an obvious justification in that selection. Loans are useful, essential in fact if used wisely, but we already have three left-sided defenders on our books so to sign a fourth on loan was ridiculous.

3 Likes

I think Adebayo can do a job out right, hes not the fastest, but he can beat a man with relative ease. I have seen him hit the bye line a few times this season.

Your 4-3-3 would have to be Bates/Sinclair/Hardy Adebayo/Lavery/Mcdonald.

I’ve got to agree with making the best of what we have on the RHS.

Gordon is a reasonable player who works hard but can’t score.
Adebayo has very occasional flashes of brilliance but has the finishing composure of Peter Stringfellow in a brothel.

Take your pick !

1 Like

4-2-3-1.

We’re in the incredible position of having lots of defenders available, but no combination that looks particularly solid. If we’ve got any chance of getting out this mess though, we’ve got to start creating and scoring more goals. I think this would at least give us half a chance of doing that. As others have mentioned though, we’ve got absolutely no physicality in the middle of the park, which is a massive worry.

Rose

Facey
Clarke
Jules
Pring

Sinclair
Bates

Adebayo/Gordon
Hardy
Macdonald

Lavery

1 Like

Looks good to me but as you say we are lacking in physicality compared to most teams in this division. Whoever comes in during January that is yet another issue which needs addressing.

Probably the way I’d go too. Alternating Bates and Guthrie when that’s a possibility.

Could not agree more. In the first half at Orient they looked a real threat, exciting even! I cannot fathom why they have not been given a chance to develop this partnership. It might have been a one off but for goodness sake we are hardly overwhelmed with attractive alternatives.

1 Like

Rose

CLARKE KORY JULES CCM

KINS SINCO HARDEY

GORDON LAVS WES

Lets start going at times and try be the team who goes one up so them heads dont drop so quick,

Keep setting up like we just wanna nick a goal here and there isnt gunna do us much good, Its a pretty average league so set up for the win and go push team who will make mistakes like we do just we never make them do it because were always too deep. This corner ■■■■ get a man in the middle of the park save having everyone back in our own box, leaves lavs on the half way line give us an outlet give them something too think about. Weve become for too easy too break down thru siting back letting teams press us and dictate play and our players simple buckle under than pressure why not try putting some pressure on there and let our heads get up a little

2 Likes

PS. It guts me too put rose over robo but we have no choice right now. Hes still one of our own tho so and gives his heart for the badge just isnt quite upto it atm