What the club do well

When my son died, around 4 1/2 years ago, a round of applause took place at the next home game, versus Wigan, he was remembered in a match programme, having been a frequent attender at the holiday sessions, we received a card of condolence signed by the players and Mick Kearns attended Alex’ memorial service. I know at least some of this was due to the initiative of the lovely Mandula.

In addition to this kindness from the club, people from ISSA and my mates funded the cost of a memorial plaque at the stadium.

27 Likes

Mel,
I’m so very sorry to hear about the loss of your son, but very glad to hear the club honoured him in such a way.
We haven’t got things on the pitch right for several years which is very frustrating for all of us, but there are so many things the club absolutely nails on like how they came through fro your family in time of need.

4 Likes

Id say well done too Tom and Paul of the media team, Not been perfect but much improved this season (bar the questions)

And when i was in hospital a few weeks ago for a couple weeks, Tom (asked by my pal) got Kins and Andy williams too do me a get well video, not much i know but brightened my day up no end!

The bigger things the club struggles but with little touches like this…it never fails!!

7 Likes

Amazing touch by the club and your friends!

So sorry you had too go thru that and being in that same situation 10 years ago i have the up most respect for you!!! My DM is always open!!!

1 Like

I’ve heard a lot of stories of Walsall fans wanting to involve the club in some way when a fan dies. I’ve only ever heard positive feedback in how the club responds with yesterday no exception.

I guess there’s stuff that matters and stuff that really matters. And on this kind of thing I think the club is brilliant.

7 Likes

Got a signed programme and card for the club for my 30th at no cost signed by the entire team ! A nice touch :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Wow !! That must now be a collector’s item. Does it have Gilbert Alsop’s autograph on it ?

Just hope none of them picked up injuries signing the card like they did signing their contracts. :joy:

3 Likes

If the club haven’t already started considering an aggressive marketing campaign to get some floating punters through the door during the World Cup, then they seriously should.

The Prem and Champ break in Nov and Dec is a great time to entice some disillusioned fans to come and watch a Saddlers match, and who knows they might even come a bit more often.

I was listening to a piece on the radio the other week where fans were expressing views that higher league footie was pricing them out and that they were turning to lower and non league games instead.

We dont want to lose fans permanently to non league neighbours, but it would be nice to pick up a few.

Now i am sure that some on here would violently disagree with fans of other local clubs coming in but lets face it, we havent exactly been rivalling anyone except Vale in recent seasons…wouldnt we rather see more of those empty seats be filled?

Just a thought…

6 Likes

Agree entirely. I would suggest offering deals to fans of other teams during the World Cup. If we have an uplift in form it could be very profitable.

2 Likes

Particularly the Crawley home game on the 19th November could be a lucrative one if they play it right. We have a slim chance of an FA Cup round 2 tie at home (I know, I know) and then the Crewe game in Dec (although the Champ are back playing by then)

We should be mossively trying to cash in on that Crawley game…hope someone is discussing it at Poundland Towers…

Lets just hope any floating fans haven’t heard any rumours of how we are playing :smile: :wink:

2 Likes

“Sorry mate, no refunds”

2 Likes