What's happened to you?

As another poster has suggested somewhere on here recently, Holden wouldn’t touch Vale with DC as he tended to play him out of position.

1 Like

Yea but they’ll probably offer to pay him to play or something daft.

1 Like

Can we show a little more courtesy to our visitors, please?

4 Likes

If he does, he goes. A popular saying in cricket is nothing does your reputation good like being out of a side. The same thing happened to Gordon when he was out of the team. He wasn’t pulling up trees before his injury but while he was out lots of people, DC included, used him as an excuse for defeat over and over, if not by name but talking about injuries when he was pretty much the only 1st team player out.

Same has happened with Holden. I’m not for a minute saying he is a bad player at this level. His touch is by a mile the best in the side, but he’s also lightweight and can be bullied out of games. An attacking midfielder with 3 goals and 5 assists (3 of which were in the same game) in 22 starts is nothing to be crying over.

1 Like

But, he’s gonna be our saviour, so everybody thinks…wonder if he will be seen in a Walsall shirt again?
I have my doubts, the usual “he’s not quite ready for it” excuses will be spouted, then this abominable season will be over, and he’ll be off.

2 Likes

No agree with that, Holden has something but he’s yet to have ONE good season in a Walsall shirt.

Clubs won’t be offering money for a player with only a few senior goals to his name.

1 Like

We paid money for him though didn’t we? Our regular “undisclosed fee”, but something nonetheless.

Won’t be much mate, probably a few training bibs and balls.

Don’t forget the bags of scratchings.

3 Likes

Donnington ate them on Saturday :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Dont forget the pickled onion monster munch and a yorkie.

And if he is, he won’t be! It will take him half a dozen games to get back into match changing form. More probably, as Dutton will play him wide midfield, defensive midfield, wingback, up front with Lavery and then at the forward point of a diamond, but probably not in goal…all in consecutive matches.

1 Like

As I have said on other posts we will not see Holden in a game for Walsall again imo

1 Like

I can’t recall your other poists. What reason have you given that you think he won’t play for us again?

“He’s not quite reached the fitness levels needed for resumption of first team football.”
“His injury has not quite reached the requisite stage for a resumption of training”
“He’s feeling better in himself but doesn’t feel ready to give it 100% yet”
“He would love to be in a Walsall shirt again, but doesn’t feel fit enough to resume”

Do we need any more made up platitudes to discover why Fail (sorry we) feel ready to re introduce him at this moment?
Then suddenly the season is over and he is miraculously transferred.

I actually first “showed up on here” over 12 months ago after Walsall totally outplayed Vale to comment how good you were. I have not therefore just grown a pair after 3 wins OR come on here to gloat. Neither do I live in Burslem! To the decent Walsall fans out there I still want you to stay up. You’re a proper club and a good away day. Just mystified how you’ve gone so downhill from just 12 months ago.

21 Likes

It’s not a mystery to many of us Valiant. Hopefully we’ll be along next season. Keep the oatcakes warm for us, will you. Cheese and bacon for me.

2 Likes

Poor leadership

Cheese, Sausage and Mushroom :drooling_face:

Sausage, Egg, Cheese and Beans for me.