Where will we finish - poll

• Safe in 19th?
  • Safe in 20th?
  • Relegated in 21st?
  • Relegated in 22nd?
  • Just above Bradford in 23rd?

0 voters

21st on GD.

Paul Ritchie to score a winning goal from a corner, but it will not be enough.

LOL, you took the words right out of my mouth.
I can’t see us invading the pitch to congratulate the team on their heroic efforts though.

Actually think Sunderland will oblige against Southend. Also think Wimbledon will face a Bradford side looking to prove three points against their own chairman. Just leaves us to beat the webbed fingered sibling fiddler’s😂 In a very small minority at the moment… but have us finishing 19th.

2 Likes

The other results aren’t the big problem here - it’s us.

I hope you are right - I love an optimist. Unfortunately I’m a pessimist after supporting the Saddlers for 50-odd years and can’t see us beating Shrewsbury, so the other results are academic.

Me too mate… Have a tenner riding on the necessary results to keep us up😁
Also shrewd enough to cover the bet if the worst happens. Like most, had accepted our fate already… Until last Saturday happened🙈

So after 70 votes pessimists (realists?) outweighing optimists consistently by 2 to 1.
Let’s hope they’re wrong!

Seems everyone is going with heart rather than head.

Although if we do win on Saturday and thats a big IF - i think we will stay up.

I cant see Southend, Wimbledon and Plymouth all winning.

1 Like

Yep win Sat and the odds favour us…slightly…

I think the outcome will reflect the season every result will go in our favour but we will concede a last minute equaliser to get relegated.
Give us hope until the end then dash our hopes.

Was in a meeting today with a customer of mine who’s a Barnsley STH and we were debating our ‘poles apart’ finishes to the season!

As we know, they were promoted last night but he was saying how amazed he was at our position given how we thumped them at our place and how we played against Sunderland (which he watched)…

He commented that after the game at our place he said to his mate - if we can get a win out of that we’re guaranteed to get promotion and I said I’d predicted that after we threw it away, we’d be relegated - he was clearly right and I just hope I’ll end up being wrong (but I doubt it somehow!)

1 in 3 think we will survive.

I think we will win but so will Plymouth and Wimbledon.Sunderland to beat Southend but just leaves us short.