Who's feeling positive?

Behind the goals first row, remember it well, I’d be in work next day and would hear the scream “hold the line” it haunted me :joy::joy:

Not necessarily feeling confident, but I am thoroughly excited. I’d been a season ticket holder for donkey’s years before I moved (far far) away from Walsall in 2001 - and since then I’ve had to get by on attending two or three matches in person each season and listening to the rest on iFollow. I know it’s 2020 but believe it or not where I live we’ve only just got a home broadband connection that will support streaming live video, so I’m finally able to subscribe and watch matches live. I know it’s not the same as being there, but this year I’ll finally be able to attend via the TV.

2 Likes

Me. We’m gonna smosh it this season. UTS​:facepunch:t2::red_circle::white_circle::crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

I’m very positive about this season. Fancy us to go up without the playoffs

Will be lumping on significantly next week :smile:

2 Likes

Keep taking the pills for the time being Belphegor, the men in white coats will be with you shortly.

Ye of little faith :smile:

Get down the boookies

2 Likes

Ripleysaddler, pub question, is uncle Tom’s micro pub any good?

Yeah, I bet this will be the season we DO get promotion, and I can forsee that there will be no bugga there to celebrate!

Or in our case, for fans to get on certain players backs :grin:

3 Likes

Sorry Derby you’re asking the wrong person. I’d never heard of it until today :laughing:.

Off already online ■■■■■■■ morons mate they really are.

1 Like

Rest my case thats going to do him the world of good if he sees that and in my opinion hes a talent and will not be here in 12 months what a ■■■■■■ posting that.

4 Likes

I truly despair. Our first competitive game for six months, a draw against a team two divisions higher playing their first for six weeks, and people somehow find cause to have a pop at a teenager.

8 Likes

Some people really are a joke. The lad is still only 18 - 19… I thought his work rate was very good today.

4 Likes

Nothing surprises me now. Social media provides a platform for all sorts. In the past they would have just been spouting ■■■■■■■■ to their mates in the pub.

10 Likes

Bates is the best prospect we have had in some years. At times shows maturity way beyond his years .
Sadly we have a few idiots who get some kind of kick out of slating one of our own youngsters who makes us all proud and who I hope will stick around for a year or two yet before moving on to better things and hopefully making the club a few quid.

4 Likes

Yes, I’m feeling positive. Positive thing is keeping a lot of players, who were here previous season. Especially strikers. In this league it can be big bonus. And smaller chance for slower start or slower periods. But stil, winter transfer window will probably decide, who will finish higher or not. I think there will be one so I hope there is some nest egg ready to use then.
And I’m feeling positive my issues with Schrödinger’s login to my account on the official page will be resolved soon. So far i’m signed in and not at the same time.

You can put Sam Perry in that category as well , he is at least on a par with Bates if not better, just hope the '" fans " allow him to develop .

4 Likes

I thought we held our own. Defence was solid, Roberts didn’t have a save to make and work rate was positive.

First competitive game in 182 days - more that impressed than disappointed. UTS

3 Likes

Totally agree we did look solid… :crossed_fingers: crosses for the season ahead.