Will Walsall's transfer record be broken this season?

Currently believed to be £319,000 for one Andreas Makris at the moment.

Do you think this record will be broken this season? My answer is yes, and it will be Danny Johnson.

4 Likes

300k plus for a League 2 striker with only 6 months left on his deal would be a very good deal for Mansfield.

Not that i’d be against paying that much to get him signed permanently.

That was a record for all the wrong reasons though Rob…

3 Likes

Lot of time to go before that :joy:

Was having a debate with someone a few weeks ago about this, and he refused to have it when I reckoned we COULD spend up to 500k on the RIGHT player.

I know. I reckon we could quite easily spend £500k for the right player. It would have to be a 3 or 4 year contract too IMO.

1 Like

If DJ continues how he’s started I think we will have to look at breaking or coming close to breaking that record to make him a permanent signing with the way money is now thrown about .

2 Likes

Wonder if we would try and throw a few quid their way before the window shuts to make it permanent, if he continues like he did in his first game?

1 Like

Hopefully a fee is agreed with Mansfield… or maybe the fee is based on how well he does for us. Would think around 150.000 with his contract up at the season’s end.

1 Like

Not a chance mate £150k max if we are pushing for top 7 and a 30 month contract

I think it could rely on fees incoming from elsewhere.

Rico ? Adebayo ?

Or if we are flying high could it be Hutchinson or one of the other new bods who someone take a punt on … more so the lads on 12 month deals

1 Like

Was that euros, roubles or bitcoin?

300k+ for a player with only 6 months on his contract , not wanted by the club as is 30 sooner than later is a lot even at this level from one league 2 team to another

1 Like

True, suppose it depends on his impact and whether Mansfield have a year in their favour also.

1 Like

Our real record is still 175000 does anyone really believe Bonser would suddenly spend that on a nobody​:rofl::rofl: Dodgy as fook that deal.

3 Likes

But he was a Cyprus u21 International who’d scored a goal on YouTube

1 Like

After DJ’s performance yesterday, and if his form continues over the coming months, which hopefully it will, then it will really put pressure on the new owners to show their true ambition in relation to making his move permanent. Moreover, if we are in contention towards the top of the league come January then i can’t see how they can justify not splashing the cash or break the club record?

I don’t know the exact figures, but the extra EFL money for League 1 and bigger gates through away fans would surely more that cover this outlay if we managed promotion. Plus, what a start for any new owners.

The worry is that bigger clubs could also try to tempt him, and then it will also come down to what we would be prepared to pay him. A bit of deja vu, again.

2 Likes

Would you have to break records when Mansfield either take what you offer or get nothing for him in the summer? That may have been asked already by the way I haven’t looked.

You don’t know what they value him at. They would be better to sell him for something of course.

1 Like

I bet it’s more than it was at 2.59pm yesterday :smiley: surely we’ll have first refusal though right?

1 Like

Flynn has made comments alluding to that, saying we would be stupid to have not agreed first refusal. Just not in those words.

3 Likes