Winger On Loan Monday

fwd to 6:02 Clarke has a target of three and will bring one in on loan and possibly from the championship or premiership

1 Like

Usual question is then, were’s the money gone or is there only ■■■■■ left to buy etc

Must admit i’m a little disappointed the two , or possibly three we have / or are getting in are loan signings rather than permanent.

I reckon there is only scraps left now this close to the end of the transfer window

2 Likes

wrong thread Rob? :rofl::wink:

Note to DC, if we are going to pump the ball up to the front line can we at least sign someone that can win a header?

2 Likes

Yeah, I was using my phone and it flipped thread whilst I was replying ffs

1 Like

Ginnelly or George Thomas for me

Might be Ginnely but I don’t think George Thomas. He had a loan at Scunthorpe last year and said when he played out wide he disappeared from games and was better when he moved to number 10

Ginnelly was in the Preston squad yesterday. Can’t see them letting him go.

1 subs bench in 8, that’s about his ratio no playing time

Is Tahith Chong still on the radar? I genuinely think that a ‘marquee signing’ like this would completely change the mindset of the group and give the team that little bit extra to turn us into a real force in the league. Maybe I’m barking up the wrong tree but there were rumours in the summer and we haven’t really spent serious money yet, despite quite a few outgoings of high earners from league one last season…

That was off a parody account :smile:

Chong :joy:

Can’t believe anyone ever believed that rumour.

2 Likes

He’s on Man Us bench and is covering Ashley Young.

1 Like

That’d be a ‘no’ then… :flushed:

2 Likes

Somebody like Hanson perhaps?

1 Like

I think not :grinning:

1 Like

Actually thinking about it if the target is prem/championship there’s no way a fringe player would drop all the way down to bottom half league 2 just to get a game, will more likely be a youth player.

Would rather target a decent league 1 player who can’t get in his team’s side and isn’t fussed about dropping a league and just wants to play.

What about Mark Marshall? I’ve lost track of who he plays for. Kyle Reid another who’s had good games against Walsall in the past. Direct wingers.

1 Like

Mark Marshall signed for GIllingham in July.

Kyel Reid is a free agent after leaving Chesterfield in the summer, didn’t really do much in the National League last season.

1 Like