Wolves U23 (A), Aug 18th, 6pm (Friendly)

Here’s our team against those in mustard
Roberts
Foulkes
Clarke
Sadler
Cockerill-Mollett
Perry
Bates
Nolan
Kinsella
McDonald
Lavery

They drew 1-1 with coventry earlier (i presume its not the same team.)

Looks like a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3, to go with the different systems employed in each half against Crewe.

I do hope we settle on and establish a regular system this season.

No reports of a goal yet so we’re already doing better than Saturday!

0-0 at HT, but from the reports we’re up 2 shots to 1.

HT it’s 0-0
Chances for Wes and Nolan and Roberts makes a good save.

Trialist a,b,c replace Roberts, clarke, perry

When your world is full of strange arrangements
And gravity won’t pull you through
You know you’re missing out on something
Well that something depends on you…

2 Likes

Wholesale changes from the #Saddlers On come Norman, Scarr, Jules, J. Campbell, Willis, Sinclair, Holden & Gordon for
Foulkes, Sadler, Cockerill-Mollett, Nolan, McDonald, Kinsella, Bates & Lavery 0-0

Looks adebayo not playing today

Looks like 2 games no goals

All over without troubling the scorer.

I have been saying we need a striker for years . Clarke will go sign another defender instead lol

1 Like

Can’t see many of our midfielders adding many goals again this season with the exception of Wes. No-one bombs on into the box, strikers are often isolated. We need a striker who can make and take chances for himself out of nothing. Holden links the play well but for me extra spark still needed in midfield and an out an out goalscorer.

2 Likes

#sackclarke #pissoffpomlett

1 Like

Hard to know what to take from what are essentially fitness run outs, with lots of subs. Think there will be a few more players to come in, and we wont really know much more than we do now, until it all kicks off for real. Still, I’m not liking the Walsall 0 already.

1 Like

By the end these fitness fixtures With a couple decent additions confident we will be ready for a real go at league 2 this season . Certainly more prepared than we was last year.

Not sure what makes you think this… other teams have improved there squads and you have got good teams coming down… i would say a successful season is mid table and promotion not realistic… got Bolton, Bradford, Salford, tranmere, scunthorpe, Southend, port Vale, Cheltenham, Colchester, forest Green and possibly grimbsy who will all be ahead of us… this is where we are at im afraid

1 Like

Whatever happens I think this will be a strange start to the season. Four friendlies looks a bit light to me, especially with three against teams from higher divisions followed by a cup draw against a Championship team, and then you’ve got all the other stuff that’s going on. Its going to be very difficult to judge early on. I’d be unpleasantly surprised if we’re not doing well a few months in given that we’ve actually got some continuity of a squad that seemed to be taking reasonable shape 6 months ago, but we need strikers on form as they were back then, I just don’t see how strikers can find form in a 4 match pre-season where they’re likely to play at most 4 x 45 mins with different partners in different systems, in games against better teams than us where attacking opportunities could be sparse.

2 Likes

Agree , we are 20/1 with the bookies which basically has them predicting a mid table finish.

We need signings if we are to compete.

1 Like

Be more of the same next season in my opinion unless we make a couple of good signings.

Players not good enough to compete at the top last year and I’d be surprised if much changed.

Not knocking em, just it is what it is. Hope I’m wrong though obviously.

1 Like